chapter 19

chapter 19

Abuja

Her hands were wrapped around the mug of steaming hot coffee , she was sitting in the balcony gazing at the beautiful sight as the wind blew faster making the atmosphere beautiful and chilly. The wind whistle past her ears she closes her eyes , enjoying the beautiful and peaceful moment . “ A penny for your thoughts ” his husky voice broke in to her thick web of thoughts. Nothing just enjoying the moment she smiled.
Hmm, he inched closer towards her, a few tendrils of her hair were kissing her cheeks he placed them behind her ears as he nuzzled his face on her neck , making her tense. I thought you were day dreaming about your husband .
What !! She chuckled . Well am sorry to say but this beautiful sight here is enough to make me forget about my husband.
Okay, am jealous he said placing his hand on his chest.
Aww , am sorry .
“Lets go out for dinner”
Are you sure, we just arrived yesterday , and  Easter wants to spoil me with all her delicious dishes.
She can also do that tomorrow before we leave for our honeymoon and she has been feeding you with goodies since you woke up in the morning and am sure she won’t mind if we have dinner outside today Okay, as you wish Mr Dikko , just give me thirty minutes to get ready .
Okay, my love I will be waiting at the living room downstairs , he said placing a kiss on her lips as he walked out of the room . Bahijah stood up and walked to the bathroom , she took a shower and then got dressed in a peach top and a blue Palazzo . She applied a nude makeup and slipped into a peach Louis Vuitton flat shoe and took her her blue side bag as she walked out of the room. She met him in the living room reading some messages on his phone. Am done she said . Adam looked up fixing his gaze on her , Go and change he said nonchalantly
Excuse me !!
I said go and change, you are not going out like this wear an abaya on your clothes or change.
What’s wrong with my clothes ? She asked with an annoying tone .
Bahijah, we just arrived yesterday and today is your first day as my wife and I don’t want to fight with you please so just go and change ok . He said in a high pitched voice giving her a don’t argue with me look.
Okay!! Bahijah rolled her eyes as she walked out of the living room , she went back to her room and wore an abaya on her clothes .
Can we go now !!
Yes let’s go , he said entwining their hands as the walked out of the house. They walked through a path to the garage , he opened the door and switched on the lights, and the garage was filled with cars. As they walked through the fleet of cars he picked a black Ferrari.
Get in . He said and she did as she was told, the moment they settled in he drove out of the garage with full speed . He looked like he was in a hurry .
Can you please slow down am scared of speeds .
Okay my love , he grinned
So where are  we going to . She asked
A restaurant, I bought last month .
So about the honeymoon , can you tell me where are we going to please.
Nop , it’s a surprise I can’t tell you , so you have be a little patient my love .
I hate surprises!!
And this is the fifth time you have said that today bahijoo .
Okay , so tell me about your father do you think he will like me . She asked
My pa, likes anything I like and he fell in love with you the moment I told him about you.
Okay, so you are the one that gave me that bracelet five years ago !!
“How did you find out?”
Charles! Your personal chauffeur , he was the one you sent with it . She grinned
Looks like you have a sharp memory my love .
Well yes , as you can see I have a sharp memory so don’t underestimate the power of a common lady faithful husband.
Okay he chuckled. He pulled up to a beautiful restaurant with a valet . Who opened the door for Bahijah , Adam came out and handed the key to the boy. As the valet drove off with the car, he grabbed her hand walking into the building . It was a beautiful and classy former filled with ladies and gents dressed in expensive wears. They rode the elevator to the top floor as their hands were still entwined. They met a young man in a suit sitting in a corner . He quickly stood up when he saw them walking towards him. Good evening Mr Dikko , how can I help you and your lovely company.
Good evening Muhammad, this is my wife and I want a private table with a beautiful view , I hope you get what I mean.
Ofcourse sir, follow me. He said as he led the way. They walk through a hall filled with different people as some were eating with their families , partners and some were having a business meeting as the man led them to a private room with a large table with soft cushion seats that will let your body sink right down in them with huge window, the interior design of the room was golden and off white . The atmosphere was quiet. Come with me Adam said as he guided her to the window wrapping his arms around her waist .
Wow!! Bahijah gasped when she looked through the window . This is beautiful she said gazing at the beautiful sight out side the window.  I know one of the best views of the city .
Which one is the best . She asked
Do you want to see it ?
Yes please she plead
Okay, my love I will take you there when we are done with the dinner. Seconds later a waiter appeared to take their order.