chapter 11

Bahijah ☝️

5 years later
17th August 2017
Ahamdu Bello university zaria

It was a bright morning, as the sun rays from the slightly opened curtains hit Bahijah 's eyes . She quickly jumped out of the bed when she realized that she might be late for her final paper . Ya Allah , don’t make this happen, Maryam finished her finals last week , she was already in kaduna which means she was the only one in the room .
This is all Aliyu 's fault she groaned . It was half past twelve and she  has her last paper by 1:30 . Fifteen minutes later Bahijah was ready to leave . She wore an abaya on her pajamas and slipped into her slippers . She got to the department around 1:15, as she wandered around the department trying to spot any of her course mates “ Bahijah Sulieman “ a familiar voice called her name and it could be only one person , Cynthia “ Cynthia David “  she called back . You are late Cynthia said
I know Bahijah replied
Well let’s go.
They rushed to the hall and moments later the invigilator came and the exams started.

        🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🌷🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
Bahijah let out a sight of relief as she stepped out of the hall. Finally her last exams in the university. It is not easy to be a graduate she thought . Allahamdullilah
BJ Cynthia called am so happy , we are finally done with school.
Yeah I know am so excited , I can’t wait go home Bahijah said grinning from ear to ear . 
Let go and get our bags ready  we are leaving tomorrow in the morning
Yeah I was…  she stopped when she heard her phone ringing , an unknown smile appeared on her face when she saw the name on the screen “mai Ni♥️ “
Assalamualaikum mi amor she heard his musculine voice
Waalaikumusalam Mai Ni
Aliyu chuckled when he heard when he heard the name she called him with
Why are you laughing Bahijah asked
Nothing Angel insha Allah you will be mine
Bahijah blushed when she heard what he said insha Allah she replied
So  how was the exams he asked
Amazing . They talked for almost  thirty minutes before she hang up the call .
So if you are done blushing and thinking about the love of your life can we go , Cynthia said bringing her out of her thoughts .
Cynthia !!! Bahijah called and frowned , Bahijah!! Cynthia frowned back and a few minutes late , they burst into a fit of laughter , let go l have a lot to park Cynthia said

        🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀♥️🥀🥀♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️🥀🥀

kaduna
28th December 2017

“ Khadija look over there “. Maryam said pointing at a handsome guy wearing a black jeans and a white shirt . Wow khadijah squealed  he is good looking Maryam .
Typical bad boy right
Bahijah rolled her eyes at her friends , you guys are so annoying sometimes she said .
Whatever Maryam said am single ready to mingle and I can check any guy I want .
Bringing her gaze back to her friends with a raised eyebrow , Bahijah said that your own problem my Aliyu is more handsome than him.
Oh please, Khadija said throwing her left hand , you don’t need to brag about him. Its been three months since Bahijah graduated and everything was just going great , her relationship with Aliyu was going great . Khadijah came to visit her aunt who lives in kaduna , she has been in kaduna for three weeks and here they are have in some ice cream .
Am going guys , Mus’ab just messaged me that he is outside waiting for me so bye . Bahijah said carrying her bag and phone . Okay so when are we going to visit Cynthia Maryam asked . Maybe next week she replied.
Bye she called out walking out of the ice cream parlor and walked to her twin's BMW. Mus'ab  came back to Nigeria for Christmas holiday , his course is a 7 years course which means his graduating in the next two years .
Assalamualaikum she greeted when she settled in
Waalaikumusalam he answered
Hey bro , how was your day she asked
Nothing special just the usual he answered
When is Dad coming back
Today and he is going to have some important visitors tomorrow so after I drop you off at home am going to go run some errands then I will go pick him up at the airport .
Okay
We are here am not going inside so am dropping you here
Okay thanks

Am home Bahijah called making her way to the living room where her mom was . Hi Mom she greeted sitting next to her . How was your day hajiya Aisha asked , I fine mom she replied.
Where is Mus’ab
Dad sent him to run some errands Bahijah replied
Ohh yes , we are having some important guests tomorrow , they are men so we just going to cook that’s all . What are we going to cook ?
How about jollof rice and salad with chicken then maybe tuwo and miyan taushe , Bahijah suggested.
Good idea what about dessert her mom asked .
Maybe some cake and doughnuts . She replied
Okay now why don’t you go and change and meet me in the kitchen .
Okay she said getting up.
She took a quick shower and slide into a bagge shirt and leggings then walked to the kitchen . She met her mom and hajjo in the kitchen , they were going to make some cupcakes and doughnuts today while the food will be made tomorrow in the morning .
When they were done Bahijah looked at Hajjo , who was making dinner . Do you need help hajjo she asked .
No Bahijah thanks.
Okay she said sitting  on a stool in the kitchen , she brought out her phone and opened her WhatsApp she saw a message from Aliyu.
Aliyu:
My love ❤️
Bahijah:
Babyyy ❤️
Aliyu:
How was your day
Bahijah:
Amazing am currently in the kitchen Dad is having some important guests tomorrow so we are preparing for that .
Aliyu:
Okay , I will be coming to kaduna for some work next week can I come and see you .
Bahijah:
Yes, why not
Aliyu:
Okay I have to go I will call you later bye love you 💓
Bahijah:
Love you too 😘

          🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

She was sitting on a couch in  her room reading a book “ the best laid plans “ Bahijah! she was brought out of her thoughts by her mom who just came in . Meet me in the living room your Dad and l have some  important things to discuss with you .
Okay I will be there in five minutes she said keeping the book she was reading on her study table.
Okay her mom said leaving the room .
I hope it’s nothing serious Bahijah thought . She quickly wore a an ankle length hijab on her pajamas and walked to the living room.
Assalamualaikum she said sitting on the floor close to her mom , her dad was seated opposite to them.
Waalaikumusalam Dr Sulieman answered his daughter 's Salam. Bahijah he called .
From the tone her Dad used to call her, Bahijah knew it was a very important discussion because her dad only uses that tone when he is serious .
Yes, Dad she answered silently
I know I didn’t ask you and l should have informed you about it earlier , l choose a suitor for you five years ago . Dr Sulieman started Bahijah was having a bad feeling about this and it is not going to be good she thought .
We agreed that the wedding will take place after you are done with school . The guests I had earlier today were his uncles , they came to fix the wedding date . As your father l have the right to choice a husband for you . The wedding is taking place in two months .
But dad….  Bahijah started but was called off by her dad. You have no say in this. Start preparing for the wedding, the guy is currently out of Nigeria for a business trip , he will be back next week , he will come and meet you so that you can get familiar with him before the wedding .
Bahijah stood up and ran to her room , closing the door behind her she crashed on the bed.
Why dad why! Why will you do this to me what about Aliyu  she thought .
Bahijah open the door , lets talk she heard her brother voice
Please leave I want to be alone.

        🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

spain Barcelona
Le palace Barcelona

Lia sido unplacer trabar Contigo Mr Dikko ( it was a pleasure working with you Mr Dikko)

Gracias ( thank you) Adam replied shaking hands with the Spanish man
Adam took his Messenger bag and walk out of the conference room , he was done with his work here and he is finally going back to Nigeria . He can't wait to see  Bahijah , its been five years since he last saw her , he wants to see how she looks now , has she changed or not . Obviously he knows she will look a little different afterall five years ba wasa ba.  He can’t believe that she was finally going to be his . A bright smile appeared on his face when he thought about her becoming his wife only he knows how he is feeling right now Allahamdullilah he whispered .
L levame Al aeropuerto  Salvado ( take me to the airport Salvado ) Adam said settling in the back seat .
Bien senor ( okay sir).

abuja

Packing his car in the parking lot Adam was greeted by the staffs of the Dikko Mansion as he came out of his car . Good evening Alhaji junior one of the security persona greeted
Evening he answered how are you doing Steve
Am good sir

Adam walked to the main dining hall where he met the whole family waiting for him . Assalamualaikum he salamed
Waalaikumusalam Sadiya answered
Sorry am late Adam said taking a seat on his main sit next to his pa's. Good evening pa he greeted
Good evening my son how was your trip
Allahamdullilah
Good evening hajiya Adam greeted fixing his gaze on his step mom .
Good evening Adam how have you been
Am good thanks for asking
Hello Adam farouk said
Hello farouk I thought you were in Lagos
I came to visit Farouk replied

Adam looked around and saw that everyone was busy eating , he took the ceramic plate in front of him and served himself . It took like forever before Alhaji Ahamd cleared his throat and started
Allahamdullilah am very happy to make this announced . Well the reason why I called everyone here is to announce that Adam wedding has been fixed and it will take place in two months time.
What!! How can you do this to me Adam , sadiya shouted while getting up from her sit . What do you mean Adam said fixing his gaze on sadiya with a frown on his face . Nothing he heard hajiya Asmau 's voice , it was a slip of the tongue right sadiya . She said looking at Sadiya . Sadiya looked at her aunt and she understood what she meant.
Yes am sorry she said running out of the dinning hall .

Hajiya Asmau was sitted on the edge of her bed  when Sadiya came in , haba hajiya  why did you tell me keep quiet sadiya asked sitting on the floor close to her aunt. Looks like haryanzu ba kida wayau , why did you had to create a scene in Alhaji 's presence  . Hajiya kema you know how I feel about Adam , how do you expect me to watch him marry another girl . Sadiya said
Sadiya I will not let you ruin my plans because of your stupid love , not only I and farouk even you are going to benefit from it . So I want you to forget about him and as for the girl he is getting married to . She won’t stay for long . But hajiya l… am not asking for your opinion sadiya let him get married to who ever he wants to .

Assalamualaikum

Vote
Comment
And share pls

Maryamerhbello♥️