Chapter 53

Several hours have passed. All the lights are off in Misha's house. There is not a single sound around.

But suddenly there are some movements. Two shadowy figures emerge from a closet under the stairs. They come out, and look around cautiously then move up by the stairs, cross the hallway absolutely tiptoed, and stop in front of the last room. One figure hands the other something like keys. But it seems like they are finding it difficult to open the door.

After a lot of fidgeting in the dark, they are finally able to open the doors but while opening, the doors make a crackling noise which stops them immediately. They wait for 5 minutes. When nothing happens, they enter the room and close the doors behind.

They are finally inside the room. One figure turns the lights on. The room literally floods with light where Nandini and Jake stand at the door.

They are finally in Misha's office.

Jake says in his mind-"Kitne papad belne pade yeha ghusne ke liye, baap re!!"

Nandini whispers-"Look everything around. We need to keep the lights off."

Jake nods and they both scrutinize the room thoroughly.

The office is pretty big with some usual furniture and electronics as a computer, a printer, etc etc.

After noticing the room, Nandini turns the lights off and they both get to their respective works.

At first, Jake switches on the computer. After booting, it asks for the password. Jake then takes his laptop out from the backpack he brought with him and connects it with Misha's computer-"Jai Mata Di. It's a beautiful night to hack computers."

Nandini heard him saying that. She looks at him. Jake notices her looking so he asks-"What?"

"Did you just copy Derek Shepherd?"-Nandini asks, pretty amused. {Sorry, I couldn't help but add this reference here. what can I say? I just love him.. what are you buying watching in this quarantine days? suggest me some good stuff too.}

"No. I didn't."

"Yes, you just did."

"So what? That's my lucky line. Tum apna kaam karo na."

Saying so, Jake concentrates on his laptop whereas Nandini starts to go through the drawers. They need to find something, some sort of evidence which will prove Manik's innocence.

Suddenly Jake makes a noise-"Gotcha!!!"

"Shhhh!!"-Nandini whisper yells.

"Sorry but come here and watch these."

Jake is able to hack Misha's computer and get into her security footage of that day. One footage shows Manik and Misha pulling in the driveway. They get down the car and start walking towards the house. You can tell from Manik's walk; he is drunk. Misha is trying to help him, but he refused.

Another footage shows Misha and Manik entering the drawing-room. Manik leaves his body on the sofa with a thud. In the meantime, Misha brings a tray with a bottle and two glasses filled with some liquid, most likely alcohol. She places the tray on the center table and immediately after Manik starts to drink. It seems like Misha was talking something but Manik was least interested. Then suddenly the glass in Manik's hand fell down. Misha then guides Manik upstairs.

"Dekh liya? Now watch this one."-Jake plays another one.

This one shows Misha entering the kitchen. She takes a bottle out from the fridge and pours the content in two glasses. Then she looks behind, most probably keeping an eye on Manik. Suddenly she runs towards the drawer where Misha keeps her first-aid box. She quickly fetches the pills which Nandini got earlier, then crushed them into powder. Then she comes in front of the kitchen counter with the pills and mixes them in one glass. But the mixing part isn't shown on the video as Misha's back covered the camera at that point. But you still can make that out.