four: Halloween

mostly 3rd person until the bolded part towards the end

four: Halloween

Lottie shrieked and ran into Belle's room like a child on Christmas morning. Coincidentally, it wasn't Christmas, it was the exact opposite: Halloween.

She jumped on her bed and commanded her to wake up. "Lottie, what time is it even?" Belle groaned.

"It's currently 8:27 AM!" Lottie sang. Don't get me wrong, Lottie is in no way a morning person, but Halloween brought out a different side of her. Pure joy. Literally like a child on Christmas morning.

"Wake me up when it's. . ." Belle mumbled, falling back to sleep before finishing her sentence.

"Liabelle Rose King, do not make me to it," Lottie warned playfully. Belle grunted but didn't listen.

Happy, Lottie began to sing Come Little Children from Hocus Pocus which caused Belle to push her off the bed. Grunting at the impact of the hardwood floor, Lottie groaned as she got up, knowing there will be a bruise on her hip later on tonight.

Not letting a little bruise fault her Halloween Spirit, she sang This is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas in a very annoying voice. It wasn't that Lottie had a bad voice, it's just that she was singing very loudly and in a very annoying voice.

Belle gave up trying to sleep as Lottie belly-flopped onto her. Belle grunted and groaned, giving up completely and putting a pillow over Lottie's head, trying to stop her from singing. Finally, Lottie stopped singing, falling into a fit of laughter.

Once Belle got up and out of bed, Lottie did not hesitate to put on Halloween music. She also prepared a candy bowl near her front door, ready for trick-or-treaters.

As part of Lottie's tradition, she made brunch for her victims of Halloween. Ever since she was 13-years-old, she's always woken up everyone in the house for Halloween.

Although singing wasn't her forté, cooking was. Without trouble, Lottie made her famous red velvet waffles with southern fried chicken tenders. She also took maple syrup and added cayenne pepper to add some heat. During high school, for any event she attended, she would always make Chicken and Waffle cupcakes.

When Lottie finished making her brunch, and Belle and she finished eating, it was almost noon. Before forgetting, she made a plate of food and brought it over to the Fredrickson's.

Eagerly, Lottie got ready in her Halloween Costume, not wanting to miss any time she could wear it. While Lottie had her traditions, so did Belle. Belle wouldn't let Lottie change into her costume until after 12-o'clock.

Quickly, Lottie put on her seashell-filled sheer crop top and a lace lilac shorts. She then added a large metallic gold tattoo that ran from underneath her bandeau to right above her shorts. Adding glitter to her body, she finished her costume but was nowhere near done.

After an hour of putting on glitter, fake tattoos, and makeup, she finally finished by putting on her crystal crown. Walking out of her room, she saw Belle waiting for her in the living room already wearing her costume.

"How did you finish before me!" She gasped. Belle had a simple brown blouse and white shorts. Over the white shorts, she had used different colors of green to draw out vines and leaves. Although her outfit was simple, her makeup was beautiful. To finish it all off, Belle wore a beautiful crown made of twigs and leaves with fake pointed ears. She truly looked like a Nymph.

"I know how to time control," Belle shrugged. Seeing the look of disbelief on Lottie's face, she laughed, "I'm joking! I started my simple makeup while you were making brunch and then just fixed it afterward and added the white."