sixteen: Luna

sixteen: Luna

I feel like I was on a boat, rocking and moving. Soft noises could be heard around me. "Shh," I mumbled.

A light chuckle sounded above me and my eyes shot open. Chest. That's all I see. I look up and see Aden's face, only to realize that he's carrying me. "Good morning, sunshine. Or should I say evening? Do you always sleep through your meals or are you just extra tired?" Aden teases.

"Aden," I breathed. I moved my arms and wrapped them around his neck.

"Whoa, whoa. What's up?" Aden stops walking. I only realized we were walking because he stopped.

"You're okay. How's your shoulder?" I asked, trying to move out of his arms. Getting the hint, he lets me down and holds my hand as we continue to walk.

"It's fine now. I'm okay, no need to worry," Aden smiles down at me. I breathe a breath of relief and grab his arm, awkwardly hugging him.

As we walk, I recognize the area; we're going towards the packhouse. People and wolves run around the land, laughing at each other in the sunset. They look happy and it makes me happy. I want to be that happy.

"Aden, do you like me?" I asked once we get inside. There was a young couple sitting on the kitchen island and, in our presence, left.

"Of course I like you," he chuckles.

"No, I mean really like me. Not mate-wise, or anything like that, but truly like my personality and stuff," I reiterate.

Taking my hand, he sits me down on the couch in the living room area, "yes. I do like you. And it's not just because of the bond. I like the way you're smart and compassionate. You were so nice to Caleb and didn't order him around even though you could because you're the Luna. I like the way you hate your title, you want to be treated as an equal, although when- if you accept being a Luna, you will only be equal with me.

"Alice told me about how you wanted to run into the forest when we were fighting the rogues even though you couldn't have helped. Not that you couldn't help! But- that- you- Uh, you wanted to even though you didn't need to. You're selfless and kind. Although you have problems trusting others, you still listen and appreciate them. I do like you. A lot."

"Thank you," I whispered. "I like you, too, actually."

My heart swelled at his words and I caught myself bringing my hand up to his cheek. His head leaned into my hand and I smiled at him. I felt safe, I felt at home. I felt loved. I felt myself being pulled into him with every breath we took. My heart raced at the idea of any type of intimacy, even just a little kiss, but I couldn't help myself. We just gravitated towards each other and I found myself leaning up towards him. My eyes fell and sparks erupted at our touch. Tingles ran up and down my spine. Extra tingles generated at my hand where my hand touched his face.

Aden brought both of his hands up to my face to bring me in closer as if it was possible. My head tilted as he kissed me harder. Slyly, he nipped at my lip and caused me to yelp. He laughed against my mouth and I pulled away, "what was that for?" I pulled my lip into my mouth and rubbed my lips.

His lips were dark and swollen from our kiss and he was slightly panting from the lack of oxygen. It was a short kiss, but it was one of the best kisses I've ever had. "I felt like it," he laughed at me.

"You suck," I lightly punched his arm. I thought about when I was in the hospital room with him and how I needed to accept my position here at the pack. "Okay, so I need to tell you something and you can't freak out okay?"

Aden's smile dropped and his face became serious, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Everything is fine, I promise it's a good thing, not a bad one!" I laughed and tried to reassure him. His face relaxed, but I could still tell that he was slightly worried. "Okay, so I was thinking that- uh," I stuttered. I was so nervous. "Okay, so I was thinking that I could accepttheroleofLuna. But only if you want me to!" I spat out.