Chapter 39 -END-

"Are you going now, daddy?" Javi pouts after Caleb kissed his forehead and was about to go out the door.

Caleb looks back and smiled. "Don't worry, baby. Daddy will be back." Caleb reassured the little.

After that he goes to leave through the door, locking it afterwards.

He smiled to himself as he thought of something.

He was planning to stay at Javi's for awhile, so he was going back to his and Katja's house to get some of his things.

He went to his car and started to drive there.

••

Katja was cleaning up her toys when suddenly she heard the door open, which made her jump and look back, to see Caleb walking towards her way.

She quickly gathered all her stuff and ran upstairs to her room.

Caleb gives her a weird look, but decided to shrug that off and also go upstairs to get some of his stuff.

He heard Katja slam the door once he got up the stairs.

He ignores her and proceeds to go get his things.

Katja in the other hand, panicked and placed all of her toys in her chest before locking it with her key.

She sighs in relief.

She decided to see what her older brother was up to, so she went to go look at his room.

She sees Caleb putting clothes in a bag.

She raises an eyebrow, and questions what he was doing.

"Packing, obviously." Caleb answers, not looking at her.

She slowly nods, still looking at him pack his things.

Katja then said something that made Caleb stop what he was doing and looked at her.

"Are you leaving me?" Katja says in a sad tone, playing a force smile onto her lips.

Caleb stares at her for a second, thinking to himself of what she meant by that.

Katja sighs. "Are you moving out?" She answered the question in his head.

Caleb just hesitantly shakes his head. "No. I'm just going to stay at a friend's for a bit."

Caleb finishes packing and was about to walk out of the room.

Katja grabs his arm to stop him.

Caleb looks down at her with raised eyebrows.

"I quit my job." She suddenly says, letting go of Caleb's arm.

Caleb looked at her, even more confused.

Katja liked her job. Yeah, she would stress about it, but she still liked it nonetheless.

That was the only thing that made her able to buy her girly clothes and also keep food on their table.

Caleb felt bad now that he thought about it.

He let only Katja work so they could get their needs.

He remembered promising to her that someday he'll finally get a job and provide for the both of them.

But I guess there has been something distracting him lately and he totally forgot, so he let Katja suffer for awhile.

Well actually, sometimes he does remember, when he does, he usually just shrugs it off saying to himself that Katja kinda deserves it for being such a bitch to everyone.