Chapter 2

Yongsun

"Fuck this, can I just burn these papers to hell?" I asked, staring at the stack of papers on my office table. It's so disorganized that it's starting to irritate me. There are papers and folders everywhere that require my approval. I know it's my job and I'm not in a position to complain, but sometimes I just want to be buried in cold soil like a potato.

Furthermore, what makes my head hurt even more is the fact that I have to read and understand every detail of these sheets before I can sign any document, which is tedious to do.

I'm the CEO of my own company, I have a stable life, and I have friends, but I don't have any personal freedom.

"Girl, keep your cool. Don't let those papers ruin your pretty face; trust me, it's not worth it," Wheein said without looking at me. She's preoccupied with her face, retouching her make-up as if she's going to a formal event. which is not the case.

"Yes, girl, don't stress yourself," Hwasa agreed before high-fiving each other. That's right, those crackheads are my friends.

I only gave them a fleeting glance as I returned my attention to the paper I was holding. My day had been peaceful until these two decided to barge into my office and ruin it. They always tell me that I should have fun and not put too much pressure on myself. They're too late. I'm already a shambles.

I admit that I've been extremely busy in recent weeks and haven't had time for myself. There is so much work to be done, and I don't want to have fun knowing that I haven't finished all of my paperwork.

"Why are you guys here anyway? Do you miss me that much?" I asked, a teasing smirk on my face.

"We don't want to hurt your feelings, so we're going to agree with that for now," Wheein said, causing me to roll my eyes at her. I adore them, but they can be infuriating at times, making me want to kick them out of my life. But when it comes to loyalty, they are completely dependable.

"Unnie, we're going clubbing tonight, want to come? It'll be fun when you're there," Hwasa said cheerfully, looking at me with anticipation. Wheein, on the other hand, smiles broadly as she removes her make-up and looks at me.

"Yeah, we're going to use your beauty to attract handsome guys. You know you're a head-turner, right?" Wheein said, clapping her hands like a seal.

I'm not sure if they want me as a friend or just as bait, or maybe both.

"As much as I want to go with you guys, you know I can't. No one can do my job except me," I explained, pointing to the papers on my table. Wheein sighed as she returned to retouch her face once more. Hwasa makes a disappointed expression but does not complain.

When she was finished with her face, she stood up and sat down at my table, making herself at home.

"Come on, yong! Grant our wish this time. It's been what, weeks? You just locked yourself in this boring office all day. You needed sunlight, you look like an old grumpy lady in her 80s. I miss having fun with the guys, and I know you do too!" Wheein stated firmly as she made her puppy face. One thing about her that drives me insane is when she makes that expression. I despise it when she does that aegyo.

Cuteness irritates me. It's my downfall.

"Excuse me? Let me correct your sentence. You two are the only ones having fun with those guys," I said, turning to face wheein who was now pouting in front of me. But I'm just telling the truth. They're the ones who enjoy spending time with those guys, not me. I'd rather be alone than with them.