Chapter 8

Yongsun

My employees are terrified of me every time they see me walking down the hall, not because I am rude, but because I always have a menacing glare on my face. I respect that, knowing that I can be a little frightening at times, especially in the morning. But I'm not sure why I'm feeling so active today that my smiles won't leave my face.

I walk into the building with a big smile on my face, greeting my coworkers every time I see them in the hallway. They are looking at me as if there was a miracle that occurred, but they have still greeted me. You can't blame me; I'm feeling complete today. If you're wondering if this has anything to do with my breakfast, the answer is yes.

Moonbyul had prepared something for us to eat earlier in my apartment. We had planned to eat at the nearest restaurant, but they were still closed because it was too early. So she offered to cook something for me and said she'd drive me home anyway.

So, yeah, that was one of the happiest breakfasts I've ever had.

And if you'll ask me if I like moonbyul even if we just met? No. 

No, I don't think so.

Okay, enough with the dishonesty. Yes, I kinda like moonbyul. I have a thing for her. I mean, I've had a tiny whiney crush on her since the first time I laid eyes on her.

Who wouldn't want someone who is both handsome and beautiful?

Moonbyul is a gentlewoman; she's kind, charismatic, can protect you, cuddly, knows how to cook, cuddly, cute; especially her nose muscle. Have a nice hand and clean fingers, wealthy and respectful. Who wouldn't want someone with those traits and personalities?

Did I just give her a critique by spending a single moment with her?

She is the only person who would put her life in danger to save me. The fact that we've only just met and she's already saving my ass makes my heart skip a beat. She even cooks breakfast for me, and did I mention how delicious the dish is? Well, the hell it is.

She didn't even take advantage of the fact that I was a little tipsy that night when we were together. Any man who is not in his right mind will undoubtedly attack and harm you, especially if you have a pretty face like mine.

We even spend some time in my apartment after we finish eating. That time, I had to summon a lot of courage to get her phone number, and thankfully, I succeeded. I also gave her my phone number.The most important thing is that she is aware of my hidden place.

I was so caught up in reminiscing about our times together that I didn't realize I was standing in front of my office. I clear my mind as I walk towards my secretary, my smile causing her brows to furrow.

They now think I'm strange.

"Good morning, Miss Kim? You seem lively today," she said, but her solemn expression remained. When there's a problem on the way, my secretary acts like this.

"Indeed I am, but what's with the face? Something happened?" I inquire, perplexed. I noticed her biting her lower lip and nodding slowly in my direction. Before I could ask what was wrong, she spoke up again and sighed deeply.

"There's someone waiting for you inside," she said calmly, but I could tell she was nervous.

I became even more perplexed because I had no appointments scheduled for this hour, and my secretary's expression didn't help. Even though I was concerned, I simply shrugged and walked into my office.

It's a real issue because as soon as I open the door, the day I dubbed "complete" is ruined.
---

Moonbyul

When I felt someone snuggle beside me, I jolted awake. As far as I recall, I never slept with anyone, and no one would dare to sleep beside me.

I slowly open my eyes and turn to face the person next to me. I rattled up and covered my body with a blanket while giving her a glare as soon as I saw her face. What on earth is she doing here?

"Mind telling me what you're doing here?" I ask seulgi, who is now half-awake as a result of my movements. She smiled at me as her eyes darted in my direction.

"Nothing, I'm lonely, so I decided to sleep with you," Seulgi replied, trying to persuade me. Yes, she's the type of person who doesn't sleep with her friends without a good reason.

"Seulgi, we've been together for so long; do you think you can fool me? Tell me the truth, why are you here?" I asked, my gaze fixed on her face. A sigh escaped her lips, quickly followed by a worried smile.

"Well... I was watching Insidious earlier, so when the movie was finished, I decided to take a nap, but I suddenly heard movements in the bathroom and went to check it, but no one was there and it freaked me out, so that's why I'm here because I'm scared, please spare my life bud," she said repeatedly. She exhales some air in her lungs after she finishes explaining.

I stare at her in astonishment. Who the hell watches a horror film and then gets scared? With her explanation, I shook my head and laughed. Seulgi is such a coward.

"Is this house haunted? Did you hide it from me because you know how easily I get scared?" Seulgi inquired, while I stood up and stretched my limbs. She stood up as well, but she remained patiently waiting for my response.

"This place is not haunted, and it never will be; now get out of my room before I kick your ass," I mocked as I entered the bathroom. Seulgi pouted before stomping her feet towards the door and murmuring something to herself.

I've already finished taking my morning shower and putting on my clothes. While combing my hair, my gaze was drawn to my phone which was resting on my bedside table. I hurriedly took it when my mind thinks of yongsun.   We exchanged phone numbers earlier, and she may have texted me. But when I opened my phone, I was disappointed to see that there was no message from her. She promised to keep me updated on the time and day of our lunch, but I guess she's still working.

I just shrugged, putting my phone back down, and went downstairs because I was hungry.
---

Someone's POV

When she saw me, her eyes instantly widened, but she quickly changed her expression to one of disinterest. Yongsun approaches her chair without saying anything. She sat down and turned her back on me.

"What are you doing here?" she inquired, her voice cold. Cold like Antarctica.. I can't blame her for acting that way. She has been hating me for her entire year of existence.

"Is that how you greet your father? I'm here because I miss you; can't I go visit my lovely daughter? Can I at least get a Good Morning?" I stated as if I was hurt.  I gave her a cocky smile even if she was not looking directly at me.

She turned around and glared at me. She was staring at me as if I were the most despised person on the planet.

"Don't fool yourself, I'm not a kid anymore, and I know you're here for a reason, so spill it and get out of my way."

She knows me better than anyone else. My lips formed a smile, which aggravated her.

Okay, let's get down to business.

"Well, yongsun, I'm here to congratulate you," I said, looking at her face. With my statement, I could tell she was perplexed because her brow furrowed. My smile widened as I continued to say what I was about to say.

"You're getting married."
---