Chapter 36

Moonbyul's POV

I slowly peeked my head inside Yong's office. I didn't bother knocking knowing I'll gain her attention. I don't want her to see me stepping inside her office without her knowing in advance. I just want her to feel my presence. And, I guess it isn't working since she's so busy that she didn't even take a glance in my direction. She's so occupied with the papers she's reading that she didn't notice me standing beside her.

Now, what bitch? Should I talk now? Or let her until she's done.

I'm nervous.

Unable to know what I'm going to do, I look at the flowers in my hand and mindlessly walk towards the spot where the flower vase located. Still not noticing my presence, I slowly arranged every flower in the vase quietly. Once I'm done I look at the masterpiece I made, and all I feel is satisfaction. A smile crept at my lips as I caressed the flowers, sniffing their fragrance to calm my thumping heart.

I can do this. All I have to do is call her name for her to notice my presence and then, just go with the flow. As I about to face her, my face froze halfway as the phone on her table light up and a few seconds it rang. I froze at my spot not knowing what to do. I slowly turned my body for her to see me but all she did is picked her phone while massaging her temples. She stood up to face the massive window while talking to the person in the other line.

I don't know what she's doing this past few days but I can sense she's stressed from all of this setup.

"Just email the rest in my secretary." I heard her said.

I walked towards her, slowly not to interrupt her phone call. Yongsun still keeps talking as I wait for her to notice my reflection at the glass window and not long enough, her body froze and she immediately ended the call.

"You're stressing yourself yong. Take a rest once in a while." I complained.

Seconds have passed since she ended the call but yongsun never turned her head to look at me. She's still in her spot standing, head low. We are just one meter apart and I can smell her sweet fragrance that lingers in the air and I fight all my will not to hug her, say I'm sorry for being an asshole.

"I thought I'll never see you again." She said it so softly that it breaks my heart hearing it. Is she giving up on me and just let me be just because I always declined to see her these past few days? 

"You still didn't see me tho. Turn around and look at me." I commanded but not as harsh as I am before. I don't want to hurt her anymore, seeing her in this kind of state makes me weak. She's so fragile that I'm starting to think I don't deserve someone like her.

Yongsun slowly turned her body around but her head is still looking on the ground as she plays with her fingers. The yongsun I know is full of charisma, has an intimidating image, and a brave woman. To see her act like this made me feel so foreign, still, I find it cute.

"Lift your head and look at me."

"Do you h-hate me?" Yongsun asked as she lifts her head and the eyes that I miss locked in my gaze. Her voice is so fragile, so soft, that made me curse myself internally for not hearing her side when all she did is to reach out for me. The tears in her eyes are slowly forming and any minute now, it will flow in her puffy cheeks.

I didn't know it took me a minute to scan her baby features. Yongsun thought my silence is my answer and as if it's the cue, the tears she's holding now let out in her eyes.

"You... hate m-me?" Yongsun said in a baby crying tone, sniffing the slimy thing coming out in her nose. How could I hate this embarrassing creature infront of me? I don't know if I should laugh or pity her right now. She's so cute that I wanna smash my lips to hers and never let her go.

"Will you marry me?"

Fast? No. Because that's what she deserves in the very first place.

Her sniffing figure suddenly went frozen. She looks at me with an unreadable expression as if she's scanning my face if I'm serious or not. Unfortunately, I am.

I'll marry her. And I don't accept no for an answer.

"No y-you didn't mean that. You just w-want me to feel good because you see me h-hurting." Yongsun said and proceed on crying again. Her cries are now slowly increasing its volume and my temper is starting to rise up. She thought I'm just making fun of her? No, I'm serious. She's mine. I'm tired of this kind of setup. Let me make her my wife and not worry anymore.

"I'm serious Kim." I said coldly.

"But I lied to you." Her voice is starting to break again as she lowers her head. She was aware of her mistake and I can see she's regretting her decision in lying to me. I step forward towards her as I held her cheeks with both of my hands.

The past few weeks without her by my side are one of the worst. Everything I do, everywhere I go, she's all I think. And, I know that this is not just a simple feeling. I don't like Yongsun, I love her. I love her to the point that I'll marry her even if she's not my girlfriend. Besides, I don't settle for less.

She doesn't deserve to be called my girlfriend. She deserves to be called my wife.

"That's why I'm here. Enlighten my mind and tell me the truth. I don't care about your reasons anymore."

"And let me rephrase my question."

"Oh sorry, It's not a question, it's a command."

"You will marry me, Kim Yongsun."

And that's enough for me not to hold back anymore as I crash my lips against hers. I forgot her lips are quite addictive.

"Okay.. I do?"

----------