Chapter 9

Yongsun

"You're getting married."

I am what?

I almost choked on my own saliva when I heard what he said. I can't believe it, and I don't want to. He can't just walk in and tell me I'm getting married without my permission. That's terrifying to contemplate.

I raised myself without his supervision. I didn't ask for anything and was unconcerned about his financial situation. I can live on my own, so I can decline this insane shit.

"You're insane, aren't you? What are you saying I'm getting married for?" I asked, wondering where he got this idea. I prayed for all the saints above that he was just joking and playing tricks on me.

But he's not.

"Yes, my lovely daughter, isn't that wonderful?" he said sarcastically, mocking me. Oh, I wish I could punch him in the face. And the audacity to refer to me as his daughter?

"First and foremost, I have no reason to get married; second, my life depends solely on me; and third, I have no idea who that guy you're setting up on me might be!" I exclaimed, nearly in tears. I don't want to cry in front of him because I know he's a jerk. If I cry, it means I've lost.

"Yes, you don't have any reasons, but for me it does. You will do it for our company. Well, we're not in the line of bankruptcy, but this guy can help us grow more. They're going to be our business partners. If we want to strengthen our bond with them, then you have to marry him for the sake of our business." I almost cursed him for what he said. Is he really serious about this?

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm afraid this marriage thingy isn't going to happen. Not now, not in a million years. It's up to me to decide who I'm going to marry in the future, so may I request you to leave my office now, sir?" I said calmly. Call me impolite, but I despise his presence and the way he treats me.

I'm not sure why I'm calling her father; we're not blood relatives. He's just my stepfather, and he's been a jerk to my mother. I never liked him because he was introduced to me by my mother. I don't even consider him a member of my family.

I noticed his expression change as he walks towards my office window and turns his back on me. That expression he makes bothers me. It's becoming serious, and I despise it when things become serious.

"I know you'll decline; I'm requesting you in an easy way, but I think you want to negotiate in a difficult way," he said, turning to face me. Even his tone of voice is becoming agitated.

"I think you forgot that this company is still not yours," he said, jolting me out of my seat.

Put all of the pressure on me or do something related to the other projects, but not this company. This is my mother's hard work, and it's the only way I'll be able to live. She only left me with this.

I yelled at him, "THIS COMPANY BELONGS TO MY MOTHER!" I was irritated by his choice of words. Knowing that my stepfather is a businessman, I can see where this is going.

"Correction, your mother and I built this company together, so I have all the rights to claim what is also mine," he explained. I clenched my fist tightly, preventing myself from attacking him and killing his ass. He should be thankful I still have a tiny little respect for him.

"If you're not aware, your mother and I are still the owners of this. Now that she's dead, I believe I'm the one responsible for handling this business. You will have full control of this company once I die, but unfortunately, I'm still alive," he added, a cocky grin on his face.