Chapter 4

Moonbyul

As I sat beside seulgi,  I noticed someone I hadn't expected to see. Is that the same woman I saw earlier? Who would have guessed she was with seulgi's friends?

When my gaze was drawn to her, I was taken aback. So it's the friend they mentioned a little while ago, eh? What a strange coincidence. I just smiled at her, and her eyes widened slightly; she must not have recognized me. But, hey, she's cute.

Okay, moonbyul. What's the deal with the cute word?

"Uhm moonbyul-ssi? Moonbyul u-unnie? Byul? W-what should we call you? Hehe. Are you younger than us?" I heard wheein ask timidly. A flush crept up her cheeks, and she looked down at her lap. The lights are dim, but I can clearly see her red bean puppy face.

"I'm 28 years old, and I believe you're younger than me, right?" I replied, smiling.

I guess they're younger than me. They're baby face with adorable features, especially wheein.

"Oh, y-yeah. Hwasa and I are both 25, and Unnie here is 26," she said, pointing to the girl I had just bumped into. I still didn't know what her name was. Wheein immediately introduced her friend to me, as if they had read my mind.

"By the way, this is Kim Yongsun, she's also one of our friends," Wheein explained, pointing to her friend, who had been sitting quietly since I arrived.

Kim Yongsun is a lovely and unusual name.

"Hi, I'm Moon Byul, Moon Byul Yi. As far as I remember, we met earlier, not in a good way. I'm sorry for bumping into you again." I then smile and extend my hand for a handshake.

Yongsun shakes her head, indicating that everything is fine and that it was an accident. She also gave me her million-dollar smile, which made me smile back. Her teeth are visible, and I'm envious of how white they are.

I can tell she's stunning now that I can look at her for a longer period of time.

"Oh no, it's okay, really. I'm not hurt in any case," Yongsun says as she grabs my hand and shakes it.

Okay, her hands are also soft.

What's the matter with my mind right now? It's fine to compliment her beauty, but why am I thinking this way? I don't usually compliment people just by meeting them, but I'm critiquing her beauty, which is unusual for me.

When I feel my hand is taking too long in her touch, I immediately pull it back. She flinched at my sudden action but later smiled at me.

"Why? You guys already met?" Seulgi asks, her face puzzled, and the other two just stare at us back and forth.

"Ah y-yeah, she and I bumped into each other earlier near the entrance," Yongsun said shyly. As I sip my beer, I nod in response to Yongsun's statement.

Seulgi gave me a knowing look, and I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"You're spacing out again, huh byul ssi?" Seulgi asks, and I glare at her, telling her to shut up.

Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm reminiscing about our times with Dahee, which is why I ran into Yongsun. You can't blame me, I miss the girl so much that even when I'm in a crowded place, I think of her. It's difficult to forget someone who meant so much to me.

Seulgi must have noticed a sudden change in my aura as she cleared her throat and whipped her head towards the three girls.

"Uhm, okay guys, so now that we're finished, let's have some fun and enjoy everything tonight," Seulgi said half shouting as she lifted the glass she was holding. The other girls mimicked her action by raising their glasses as well.