Chapter 21

Seulgi's POV

I'm currently driving my way to Irene's condo to settle everything that happened between us. But before that, I stopped in the nearest flower shop and bought a bouquet of her favorite flower. If ever things don't fall into their right place, still I have something to offer as a peace offering.

Well, that day when I realized I fuck up, bigtime. I immediately left her condo without telling her I would go. Since she's still in her room at that time, she didn't know I already went out and went home. Don't blame me, I felt embarrassed about what I did to her, so it's better that I avoid her in the meantime, I guess.

But enough of that, this is the day I'll act like a man (even if I'm a woman) and confess everything that is bugging me for the past few months. This day will be historic for me, for her, and for us. This will be the moment I'll either be rejected or feel blessed. I don't care about the turnouts with my confession, at least she knows how I really feel about her. But I'm praying she'll feel the same.

Stomach in, chest out, stand straight, and fingers trembling.

That's what my posture while standing at Irene's front door, still arguing if I'll press the button in front of me. I took a deep breath before I take the courage to touch the button, and the bell rings inside her condominium loudly. 

You can do this. This is just Irene, the one you love.

"fuck!" I murmured under my breath when I realized I already ring the bell inside. My hands are shaking in anxiety knowing any seconds from now, Irene would run towards the door to open its visitor. I was beyond nervous while praying things will go well just like I wanted it to be, that Irene will reciprocate what I feel towards her. This is my first love confession in my whole life, and I don't know what I'll do if I'll get rejected later.   

Minutes of fidgeting in front of Irene's doorstep, still no one came to open the door. My eyebrows creased with the thought of what might she's possibly doing why she's not opening the door. I press it again but just like before, still no response.

"Is she not home?" I murmured to myself as I immediately fetch the phone in my pocket and message Irene I'm outside of her door. Minutes have passed and my feet are starting to ache from standing, but still no reply. 

I sigh escaped from my mouth, my body was starting to relax. Maybe Irene is not home. This is also my fault, I should've informed her I'm coming over so that I can know if she's home or not. I decided to enter her condominium's passcode so I can wait inside. Irene didn't know I took a peek in the other day and secretly memorize the code. 

Well, I hope she wouldn't kill me if she'll know what I did.

The door unlocked and the moment I entered the place, her sweet scent embrace my well-being which made me close my eyes to inhale the scent that was lingering in the air. And as fast as a clap of thunder, a smile immediately forms on my lips, remembering every moment we shared in this wonderful place.

I took a glance at my wristwatch and noticed it's almost lunchtime. I think I should cook food for lunch and surprise Irene or something. I drag myself towards the kitchen and find the right ingredients I needed to make my masterpiece and bravo! The ingredients are all available on her fridge.

I started to prepare everything and texted her to come home early for lunch. Irene might find it weird since she didn't know I'm already inside her place. I laughed at myself internally as I practice my reasons on why I am inside when she'll arrive later.

------

It's already past twelve and still, no irene can be seen. I wonder what is her appointment to be this busy at this type of time. I'm sure she's aware I'm waiting at her place since I texted her where I am. Is this her revenge for what I have done the other day? If it is, then I think I'll consider this as her punishment, well at least I'm not waiting outside.