Chapter 23

Irene's POV

"I-I dont know."

Seulgi said almost whispered, afraid that if she spits the wrong words, it may ruined everything. But I don't think that is really her honest answer. For the past months we've been together, I know when she tells me the truth.

"Seulgi, is that the right answer or is it your safest answer? Stop lying and tell me everything now. So answer me? Why did you do that?" I said seriously. I don't know what have gotten into me but I want to hear it from her.

Seulgi breathed heavily as she look straight into my eyes, giving me an intense blow of butterflies inside in my stomach. It's not time to be flustered honestly, but the way she looks at me always give me chills that was making me fully satisfied.

"I-I like you."

What?

I was stunned at my spot, unable to form the right words to response what seulgi just said.
The woman who I like.. likes me back?

The bang of fireworks exploding are echoing through my eards and the butterflies that was inside me evolved into raging dinasours that wants to break it's cage. My heart is pumping its blood in an abnormal pace and all the movements turned into slow motion mode. I'm so grateful the lights are off or else she'll see my face, red as a tomato.

Seulgi's head bow down as she close her eyes while waiting for my response, fidgeting her fingers and biting her lower lip which I find cute. I can relate to what she feels. She was nervous and I am too. The feelings are mutual so it's common we feel the same nervousness this time.

I held seulgi's chin up, enough for her to look at me. This is the bravest thing I'll do in my entire existence. We might not know each other long enough just like the other friendship who have strong bond but one thing is for sure, we like each other.

So, it's now or never.

"I-I like you too seulgi."

Silence was winning.

No one dared to talk.

No one dared to break the tension.

And no one dared to move.

I look at seulgi's plump lips, remembering the night we have shared our first kiss. It was worth to remember actually. Seulgi imitates what I did. She slowly lift her hand as she slowly grab my face, caressing it with her thumb.

That single touch from her bought millions of electricity flowing inside my body. It was like something have turned on inside me that I can't fully describe. But one thing's for sure... I like how it turns me on.

I didn't waste anymore time as I kissed the woman who was making me sleepless for days. I believe the time is gold which means spend it with someone you love, and that's what I'm doing now. Seulgi flinched at the sudden contact, eyes widened for the bold move I made. But seconds later, she willingly surrendered herself and closed her eyes as she responded to my kisses.

She doesn't know her impact to me everytime I'll remember her kisses that night, that scene gave me nightmares, beautiful unforgettable nightmares. It always giving me a hard time to cope up with my feelings. And now, I'm here at her arms again, but this time, not because of the influence of alcohol, but because of love.

If we are some kind of creatures that doesn't need air, the kiss will surely take hours before we ened it. But because we're out of breath, seulgi took the responsibility to let go as she lean her forehead in mine. Breathing heavily, stilll closing her eyes?, processing the wonderful thing that happened.