Chapter 39

Moonbyul's POV

"Byul, what are you doing?"

Yongsun asked as she slowly parted her eyelids to open her eyes. She's in my bed sleeping a while ago while I am at my study table facing my personal computer, searching for some kinds of stuff about Nam. I've been investigating this past few days hoping to track the guys who killed dahee.

"Uhm ah..." I hesitated to answer. I didn't know if I should tell her my plan knowing there might be a chance that she'll restrict this but, I wanted to do this. Not for my own sanity but also for dahee.

"Byulyi? Speak." Yongsun pursued to asked and I just sigh knowing I couldn't hide things from her from now on.

I stood up from my seat and walk towards her direction as I sat in front of her, facing her now worried face. She looks at me with concern as I slowly caress her face with my hand to quietly tell her everything is alright.

"Baby, is it okay if I.. investigate the death of Dahee?" I said as I tucked a bit of her hair to the back of her ears. I gently held her hand on the other side and give it a squeeze. I wanted her to know I wanted this, I wanted to do this.

"May I ask why?" She calmly asked but still has a lot of concern in her voice. I couldn't blame her, she knows there is a possibility that I might get hurt with this.

"I.. I want to avenge her death. I want to give the justice it deserves. When seulgi told me she's gone, I felt weak. I become a coward, and I feel like.. I'm alive outside but dead inside. I lose track of my life's destination. I quit my job, isolate myself and even promise to avoid getting in trouble again. But.. I realized, I shouldn't have done that. I should have to track those guys and give them what they deserve-"

"Tell me, what do they deserve?" She interrupted. She looks at me straight in the eyes, anticipating what could be my answer.

There is one thing in my head right now.

The flashback of that day suddenly popped in my head.

The blood scattered around the floor. Dahee who's shamelessly pleading to them not to hurt me. The laughter of every person in that room. The punches and blow I've received, and the way they hurt dahee.

"They deserve to die." I answer with hatred in my voice.

I want to kill them, to make them suffer just like what they did to both of us.

"No." Yongsun said and held my face with both of her hands.

"Moonbyul. I know you've gone through a lot, I know you're mad at yourself for not protecting the girl you once love. I know how this incident changes your life, and I despise them for doing this to you but baby.. If you want to avenge dahee, please do it in the right way. There are proper ways to bring justice without spilling someone's blood or hurting yourself. Don't let your emotions manipulate you because if you do, then you will lose the battle even if it doesn't started yet." Yongsun said. Gently caressing my cheeks.

"That's easy to say but you know it's the hardest thing to do. They are not some kind of thug that I mostly see in the street. They are professionals, knowledgeable, and trained. I can assure you I will bring the justice I want but I can't promise I wouldn't kill them in the process. If I needed to raise my gun to protect everything then I'll do it. I wouldn't let that thing happen again. I hope you understand." I said as I sounded like someone who is ready to kill anytime. I thought yongsun would act disappointed, but she just gave me a smile and kiss me softly. She knows I already made up my mind.