Chapter 5

Betty's PoV
I was crying into Jughead's shoulder it was nice to have have someone to support I felt warm a feeling I've never had when Archie was around. Archie never comforted me like Jughead was.
B-Thank you Jughead I'm gonna go
home now.
I said timidly.
J-I'm walking you home and you're not saying no.
I nodded and he walked me home we just talked a bit about our feelings.
B-Hey I'm having my birthday party on Saturday if you wanna come?
I asked and smiled.
J-Yeah sure. You know it feels like we've known each other for ages.
B-Yeah it does it's weird but I like it.
I smiled and he chuckled.
B-This is me I've got to go.
I said and I hugged him.
B-Thank you
I said and walked into my house I ran upstairs and fell onto the bed. I didn't cut myself or cry there was no voices just Jughead's voice in my head his laugh him supporting me it made me feel...happy.
*Saturday*
Today was the day of my party it was gonna be pretty small me, Jug, Ethel, My cousin Cheryl and her girlfriend Toni. I put on my dress and curled my hair.

I looked in the mirror and looked at my wrists my scars were healing I hadn't cut myself for the whole week I felt really proud and I've even eaten more

I looked in the mirror and looked at my wrists my scars were healing I hadn't cut myself for the whole week I felt really proud and I've even eaten more. Then the doorbell rang and I walked downstairs slowly took a deep breath and opened the door and it was Jughead.
B-Hey Juggie.
I said I didn't mean to buy it just came out we've become a lot closer this week and he knows more about me than literally anyone in the world.
J-Hey Betts! Happy birthday.
He said with the biggest smile on his face.
J-You look beautiful.
He said I hugged him and he gave me a gift it was a little box wrapped in blue and gold wrapping paper.
B-Come sit down Ethel and my cousin with her girlfriend will be here soon.
I said excitedly. He nodded and we sat down.
J-So how are you doing right now with everything?
He asked I smiled.
B-I've been eating a bit more and I've stopped cutting myself.
He smiled and turned over my hands to reveal my wrists and kissed the scars on them.
B-Thank you Juggie.
J-I'm proud of you.
Archie never did that for me he just broke me more. We had this weird moment where we were looking into each other's eyes I wanted to kiss him but then the doorbell rang. I opened the door and saw my cousin with Toni I gave them both a hug.
C+T-Happy birthday Betty!
B-Thanks guys. You can just sit on the couch with me and Jughead we're just waiting for Ethel.
C-Not much of a party.
I rolled my eyes and chuckled.
B-Yes Cheryl I know but I got loads of popcorn so we can eat and I was thinking we could watch a movie.
J-Oh god Betts you're not gonna make me watch one of those sappy romance movies again are you?
B-Maybe. We went to the drive in last week and I forced him to watch After.
T-Oh I love that movie!
J-Nah ah not again never again!
B-You said you like it.
J-Well it wasn't the movie I liked it was talking to you.
He said I felt the blood rush to me cheeks and I blushed and but my lip. I sat down next to him and we sat in silence for a couple minutes.
C-So are you two dating?
J-No we're just close.
B-Yeah just close.
I repeated after him then the doorbell rang I assumed it was Ethel so I opened the door I was correct. We all sat down on the multiple couches and watched some movies soon everyone went home except Jug until he got a phone call.
J-Give me a minute Betts.
I nodded he got up and came back within 5 minutes.
B-What's up?
J-My dad said I can't come home tonight cause he's sleeping with some slut!
B-Oh you can stay here I guess if you wanna?
J-Yeah of course thank you.
He said I smiled.
B-Come sit next to me and we can watch another movie.
J-Okay but I'm not watching any dopey teen romance movies.
B-Come one you know you live them.
J-Only for you.
He chuckled I grabbed his hand and we sat down snuggled up watched the movie, then we fell asleep in each other's arms...whoops!