Chapter 31

Jughead's PoV
   I woke up with Betty on my chest and I felt happy again I thought that maybe we could put our past behind us and be together again. Boy...was I wrong? I was snapped out of my thoughts by Betty getting up and frantically picking her clothes up.
J-Betts what's wrong?
B-Last night was a mistake Jug we can't you've broken my heart you've broken mine. As much as I love you this, us...
She gestured to both of us.
B-...is wrong we just hurt each other.
She said almost in tears, I wasn't angry I understood her but I wanted her, just her.
J-No Betty I want you, I need you and I know we hurt each other but we work.
B-No this isn't working.
She says and leaves the room. I sigh and get dressed then look at myself in the mirror and I started to think.
        Maybe I'm not good enough for her. Maybe it's because I don't have abs like Archie, or my beanie is stupid or maybe I'm just to weird for her.
    I was snapped out of my thoughts by a voice.
B-Juggie, I know you're judging yourself in the mirror right? I used to do that and then I stopped when I met you.
    She giggled and smiled at the memory. I missed her like this so much we hadn't been like this is so long.
B-This is going to sound so cliché but it's not you ,it's me. You're amazing.
J-Then why won't you just be with me?
I cried.
B-It's just to complicated.
I nodded and went to school alone. When I got there I went into Mrs Burbles room to talk.
MB-Hey Jughead.
J-Hey can we talk?
MB-Obviously that's my job.
She chuckled.
J-I want to talk about me and Betty.
MB-Oh of course how's that going?
J-Uh we kinda spent the night together last night.
I said feeling uncomfortable but I needed some advice.
J- I woke up thinking we could be together again when she said we couldn't 'cause we would just break each other again. I don't think we will though I think we're like y'know meant to be.
I said sounding a bit stupid.
MB-I think we need to get you both in here to talk things out.
Oh no...