Chapter 10: Predators vs prey

"It's seems this year will have, predators vs prey!" Midnight said as the crowd cheered.

"What's that?" Kaminari asked no one in particular.

"Don't know, this is the first time they've done this one." Izuku answered.

Midnight begins explaining the challenge. "There are two teams, predators and prey, we'll send the prey into a forest just outside the stadium, they'll have three minutes to hide and they don't have to work together, then we send the predators after them they can also go on there own, the 32 students with the most points, or who survived, will move on to the next round, oh and the prey can defend themselves however they please." Midnight said licking her lips

Everyone had determination, fear, or excitement on their faces. Izuku was determined, Zack was excited, rachael was terrified, and mei was prepping her "baby's" with a smile on her face.

"Students, look at the screen, find what team your on and in five minutes, the prey may go in." Midnight finished while pointing at a large screen

Izuku looked at the board and saw he was on the prey team, he gulped.

"So what team you on?" Zack asked walking up behind him.

"I-I-I'm on the prey team." Izuku answered.

"Yikes, looks like I'm hunting you." Zack said as he loaded his AUG and smiled at Izuku wickedly.

Izuku gulped again and heard a squeak next to him, he looked over and saw rachael shaking.

"Hey, you ok?" Izuku asked.

"N-no, I-I'm on t-t-the prey team and Z-Zack is o-on the p-predators." She answered looking over to Zack who was wiping his gun with a cloth.

"Is Zack really that scary?" Mina said walking over to the two.

"Yes." Rachael answered without hesitation.

"Um ok, so what team are you guys on?" Mina asked looking at Izuku.

"We're both on prey, you?" He answered.

"Nice, I'm also on prey, the three of us could help each other out!" Mina said while making a thumbs up.

"You won't last long~" Zack said in a sing song voice.

The bell rang and midnight yelled for the prey to head in. Izuku, Mina and rachael ran in while seeing some other people they knew going in as well. They found a tall tree and hid at the top of it while Izuku thought of a strategy for if they were caught.

They sat in the tree for about five minutes, gunshots, explosion, and other loud sounds could be heard around them, but then they heard a voice.

"Izuku where are you~" the voice was recognized as Zack.

Izuku put a finger to his mouth and looked at Mina and rachael, both nodded but rachael was shaking.

"Well I was hoping for one of you three in the tree to shriek or squeak, but I guess I'll just tag you out." Zack said looking right at them and pulling his gun up.

"Run!" Izuku said, jumping off the tree while Mina and rachael followed.

About a minute later they thought they got away, but when Izuku and Mina turned around, rachael was gone.

"Wheres rachael?" Mina asked looking around franticly.

"Shit, Zack probably got her." Izuku said keeping his guard up for any ambushes.

"Sorry it took so long for me to catch up." A voice behind them said, it didn't sound like rachael. They turned around and saw Zack airing his rifle just about to fire, but then the bell to end the round rang.

"Aw damnit, I almost had you two!" Zack said pouting.

Mina and Izuku both sighed in relief.

"Wait, but what did happen to rachael?" Mina asked Zack.

"Oh, that's the reason it took me so long to catch up, she tripped and I was about to shoot her, but I felt bad so I just kinda tagged her out, said sorry and then ran after you." Zack explained.

"Oh, but where is she now?" Izuku asked him.

"Probably left the forest to go with the rest of the people the predators caught." Zack said while scratching his head. "Speaking of which, we should get going back to the stadium, it's that way follow me." He finished and started walking, while Mina and Izuku followed.

When they got there they saw that a lot of people were taken out, then midnight spoke into the mic.

"Well that seemed fun, we tallied up points by how long prey survived, how many predators caught, and how well the prey defended themselves." She said while the screen showed a list of one through thirty.

1: Zack Goodman
2: Katsuki Bakugou
3: Shoto Todoroki
4:Mei Hatsume
5: Izuku Midoriya
And twenty seven more.

"If you see your name up on the board in any of the thirty, your moving on to the next game." Midnight said.

"Holy crap Zack, how many did you get out?" Kirishima asked him curiously.

"If my count was correct...about 46." Zack answered casually. Everyone who heard him looked surprised except rachael who already knew he'd get number one.

"Aw man rachael I don't see you up there." Momo told her sadly.

"O-Oh, I know it's fine I p-probably wouldn't do
t-to Good in whatever the next e-event is, and also I'd rather just cheer all of you on!" Rachael said the last part excitedly. "Also, Momo I-I wanted to thank you f-for being t-the best f-friend I could h-have you've made these past months so great." She said shyly.

"Oh, um of course, you've also been a great friend...wanna watch some anime after the festival?" Momo asked her.

"Hell yeah!" Rachael responded hugging Momo.

"LANGUAGE!" Iida yelled at them.

"S-sorry iida." Rachael said letting go of Momo.

"Alright now that you've all seen your place on the board we'll move on with the festival!"midnight said on the mic. "Let's let the wheel decide the team round." Midnight continued as the wheel spun and landed on...team race.

A/N
I'm so excited for the one v ones after the next chapter, it's gonna be good. Also this story really blew up, it's been going for about a month and a half and it's already over 4 thousand reads! Thank you and the only thing I'm asking you to do is read some of my other story's, I've got big plans for all of them (except multiverses that's just lighthearted fun.) have a good day, night or morning and I'll see ya later! Thank you again.