Chapter 35: Explanation

Izukus eyes opened quick and he flew up and scanned his surroundings.

'I'm in my room.' He thought as he looked down at himself.

He noticed that he was shirtless and had stitches covering his slice wounds, also his forearm where the chain stabbed him was bandaged up, then he checked under his blanket to see he was still in his vigilante suit pants.

'Shit, who did this?' He thought to himself.

Then the door opened and Mina walked in holding two bowls of cereal.

"Guess you're awake then." She says handing him one of the bowls.

"Did you..." Izuku began as he took the bowl.

Mina sighed, sat down in Izukus computer chair, and said "Yeah, I saw."

"Listen Mina, it's not what-"

"If you say it's not what it looks like, I will punch you in the face." Mina interrupts.

Izuku looks at the ground and says quietly "I'm sorry."

"Why?" Mina asks him.

"I...I wanted to save people so...I became this." Izuku explained.

"Izuku, we trained for months to become heroes, and you almost did it, you could've become one." Mina said to him.

"No, I didn't do it, and all the people I've saved over these months wouldn't be alive if I had anyway." Izuku tells her.

"It's illegal, and I heard the lecture you gave to Setsuna awhile back about letting the pros handle it, and also about saving Zack, but instead you just went anyway...I guess that's why "fury" knew my name in the forest." Mina said raising her voice without realizing it.

"What was I suppose to do? Just tell Setsuna to go after Zack alone? She would've gotten hurt!" Izuku said also raising his voice.

"Well what about you? Look at yourself, you were beaten so bad last night, I thought you were gonna die!" Mina yelled at him.

"Yeah I almost did, but if I wasn't there Zack would have killed all those people!" Izuku yelled out.

Mina eyes went wide for a moment "y-you were with Zack last night?"

Izuku looked away from her and cursed to himself.

"A-are you working w-with him?" Mina asked him.

"Come on Mina, you know I wouldn't do that." Izuku tells her.

"Would I know that? I mean I had no clue you were an illegal vigilante." Mina says to him.

"Well I didn't exactly work with him, but we did fight together to escape some angry criminals." Izuku explains to her calmly.

Mina pinched the bridge of her nose "You're saying all this so calmly, like you think this isn't a big deal."

"Mina, I've saved tens of people since I became fury...if I wasn't fury, and I was just some student at UA, then all those people would've gotten hurt or worse." Izuku explains to her.

"Izuku, I'm a hero in training, literally two weeks ago, Mr. Aizawa taught us what to do if we encountered a vigilante, and guess what he told us to do?" Mina asks Izuku.

"What was it?" Izuku replies rolling his eyes.

"To treat them like just another villain and take them into custody." Mina explains.

"Well, are you?" Izuku asks her while looking at the floor.

Mina looks around izukus room, she sees all the hero merchandise and sighs.

"I should, I really should...but I can't." Mina says as she rubs her eyes.

Izuku looks up at her and he sees she's holding back tears.

"I just can't, cause if I did, you'd get kicked out of UA or sent to prison, a-and I would never see you again." Mina states as she wipes more tears from her eyes.

"Thank y-"

"Don't...don't thank me for something like this." Mina cuts Izuku off.

"Ok." Is all Izuku said.

There was a silence between them for awhile.

Mina got up grabbed her bowl of cereal and said "make sure you cover your injuries up good for school tomorrow." And then she left the room leaving Izuku alone.

A/N:
This chapters a bit shorter because I didn't want to put in anything else to distract from the talk Mina and Izuku had. The next chapter is gonna be more focused on someone we haven't seen in a while. That's all for now and I'll see ya later.