Chapter 27: Betrayal

Rachel was laying in her hospital bed reading a book when uraraka barges in scaring Rachel.

"EEEEK!" Rachel squeaks and drops her book on the floor.

"S-sorry Rachel, but have you seen the news?" Ochaco asks.

"N-no, what's going on?" Rachel asks worriedly.

Ochaco grabs the tv remote and turns the tv on and changes it to the news channel and Rachel goes wide eyed when she sees the scene.

She sees a villain that Rachel recognizes and all might fighting in a destroyed city block and the vigilante fury running toward a person who was on the ground, she couldn't tell who it was.

"The fight seems to be looking worse and worse for all might, and the missing student Zack Goodman seems to be on the ground not moving." The news caster says from the helicopter.

Rachel gasps and tears start going down her eyes.

"W-where is this h-happening at?" Rachel asks Ochaco.

"Kamino Ward, or what's left of it." Ochaco says also beginning to cry.

"Wait, is that? Amari, zoom the camera over there!" The newscaster says to the camera man.

The camera points to a group of students that Ochaco and Rachel recognize instantly.

"Aren't those UA students?" The newscaster questions.

"W-why are t-they there?" Rachel asks Ochaco.

"They s-said that they were going to rescue Zack." Ochaco tells her.

"Why didn't they tell me, I c-could've helped." Rachel says to herself.

"Hey! Amari Goodman's getting up! Zoom in and use the long range mic." The newscaster yells.

"Yeah, I'm the thing that villains fear, the thing that haunts them in the dark." Zack says while smiling. "I'm the ghost."

Rachel and uraraka freeze and the newscasters face is in shock.

"N-no." Rachel says.

Then Fury punches Zack in the face.

"All this time!" Izuku yells as he punches him in the face again.

Zack blocks the next punch and kicks him in the chest, but as fury falls back he shoots Zack in the pants with his grappling hook and shoots the other end to the same wall Zack got thrown into and hits retract.

Zack goes flying into the wall and smashes into it.

"All this time, it was you!" Izuku yells as he walks over to him.

All Might and all for one begin fighting again while this is happening while Setsuna and the rest of the group are frozen.

Zack teleports at fury and slashes his sword at his leg, fury counters by kicking the sword with his armored boot and hits Zack in the chest with his staff, knocking Zack to the ground.

"You were my friend." Izuku says only loud enough for the two of them to hear and begins crying under his helmet.

Zack doesn't respond and just jumps up and teleports toward fury and attempts to slash him again, but Izuku blocks it with his staff and kicks Zack back into the lab through the blown open roof.