Chaperones and Buses

"Josh, are you sure my brother isn't going to be mad that I'm coming?" I asked. 

We were walking through the corridor of Abigail Adams to Mr Matthews' classroom on the day of the school Nature Trip to 'Mount Sunlodge' so we could chaperone. "Nah, I'm sure he will think he has the coolest sister ever." Josh smiled, holding onto my hand.

Both of us stopped for a second and before we went through the door I heard Cory say "Because the triangle is going to the great outdoors, so we are going to need some great chaperones."

"Wait, that's us... Do we go in now?" I asked.

"Just wait a moment or so out here." Josh said, putting our travel bags down on one of the benches outside the classroom.

And then we heard Maya "We got this completely under control Matthews, my human nature is completely under control and there nothin' or nobody who could ever change that."

And this is when Josh decided that we should go into the classroom. "Hey kiddies." He said.

Maya looked at us, her jaw fell open and started to laugh. Well, it was more of a crazy and insane chuckle. "I'm wrong."

"Here we go." Said Riley from in front of her best friend.

"You're my chaperone..." Maya figured out, pointing at Josh. I don't think she had even realised that I was standing behind Josh.

And with that, Topanga came through the door "I invited them."

"I love you!" Maya exclaimed, looking at Topanga with a huge grin on her face.

"And Maya, I do not think I need to remind you that I love Scarlett." Josh's statement brought the attention of everyone in the room to me.

"Mr Matthews, you invited my sister?" Farkle said. He didn't seem mad...just shocked.

"Yes," Cory said "But I also invited Topanga. I am smart." He looked so proud of himself. Like a child who just got an A on a really difficult project.

"We'll be watching over you." Said Topanga.

Maya still looked smug. She looked like she wanted to prove somebody wrong "Kay."

"My name is Josh and I'm gonna be with you all day and all night, so no monkey business." Josh announced. In reaction to this, Maya looked directly at him and did a monkey impression.

Cory shot her a look and then said "Come on everyone, time to get on the bus!" Then Cory and Topanga led the students to the bus, with Josh and I bringing up the back of the group, grabbing our bags on the way.

Our seats were nearer the front of the bus, where all the kids that never spoke were. Maya, Riley, Lucas, Farkle, Zay and Smackle were all at the back, where Topanga was supervising.

The journey to Mount Sunlodge was rather long, so I laid my head on Josh's shoulder. Yes, I am far too lazy to support the weight of my own head.

But, as always, Josh just let me lay there, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"This is going to be a complete disaster isn't it?" I asked, looking up at Josh's ever calm expression.

"Oh, definitely." He replied with a small but beautiful smile gracing his features as he leaned down to place a small kiss to my lips.

And at that exact moment, Topanga had walked from her seat at the back of the bus towards the front to talk with Cory. She shot us a knowing look and said "I should probably inform you that since you are older, 'no monkey business' also strongly applies to the both of you."

I probably blushed as red as my namesake at that, but before I could say anything, Josh jumped in with "No need to worry Panga, we are very responsible adults."

"Mmhhmmm." Topanga said in disbelief, before speaking to Cory and making an announcement to everyone that we would be arriving soon.

Somehow, Riley fell off the freaking bus. She did something to her ankle, so Cory took her to the hospital while Josh, Topanga and I stayed on the bus with the rest of the kids. 

They were loud and annoying and everything that teenagers were. "Farkle?" I shouted "Was i this annoying when I was your age?" My brother was sitting with Zay, Lucas and Smackle, as Maya had insisted on going with Cory and Riley to the hospital.

Farkle turned his head "You weren't annoying...you didn't do much though...and you ate a lot of chocolate." He said truthfully.

I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. "What's wrong Scar?" Asked Josh.

"I was worried about me embarrassing Farkle, but now I realise that I am probably the one who will be embarrassed by the end of this." I closed my eyes.

When Riley, Cory and Maya came back, she had her foot in a boot that looked like something an astronaut might wear.

And then we were back on the track to Mount Sunlodge.

A/N: I am so sorry that this took so long, but I am super busy now as I have an english essay to write and exams to revise for so yeah that's fun. My updates will be a lot slower than they used to be, but I promise I will finish this book. 

Love you all!