Proposal

A/N: My inspiration for this is the beautiful Monica and Chandler proposal from F.R.I.E.N.D.S which is one of my favourite shows...Now! On with the story ahaha

------------------------------------AGE 25, Year 2024-------------------------------------

Today had been a long day at work.

Being a teacher was difficult.

Especially today.

Today was the winter concert at the school, and since I was the plucky young music teacher, it was all on me to get the kids motivated.

Whoop dee doo.

But anyways, enough with my bitterness.

I was so tired, ready to crawl into bed the moment I got home. But when I turned the key and pushed the door open I saw everything was dark.

Well almost.

The whole place was lined with candles, rose petals and beautiful, calming music was playing through little speakers.

What was Josh up to?

"Josh? Josh!" I called. Was he even home? Of course he was home, even he isn't stupid enough to leave that many candles burning unsupervised in the house. His brothers? Probably. Josh? Maybe not.

I kept walking, looking around at every step.

And then I saw Josh.

He was on the floor. On one knee. Holding a little red velvet box.

Fuck.

"Josh Matthews what are you doing..." But before I could get any more words out, Josh started speaking.

"I'm going to be quick with this because I know you had a hard day and I...yeah..." He stuttered, taking a deep breath "I love you Scar. I love you so much. I want to spend every day with you, I love the feeling of waking up next to you and getting to fall asleep next to you. I may not be the most competent person, but for you...I'd do anything. So, Scarlett Savannah Minkus, would you do me the honour in becoming my wife?"

I was silent. Looking down at Josh I could see he was shaking, waiting for my answer.

"Yeah." I whispered quietly "Yeah Josh I'll marry you."

Josh smiled. A beautiful, wide, genuine smile. "Yeah? You mean that?" I nodded and Josh got up off the floor, slipping the ring on my finger with his shaky hands, kissing my knuckle. "For a moment there I thought you were going to say no."

"I could never say no to you, I love you too much." I said. "Oh and J?"

"Yeah?"

I stifled a slight laugh "Babe, how long were you sitting there?"

"Oh ages."

A/N: Okay I only have 2 chapters left that I think I am going to write and this was short so I apologise for that. BUT YAAYYY WE ALMOST FINISHED!

Love you all!