Goodbye to The Matthews Family? (Part 2)

The walk to Topanga's cafe was almost silent.

Only the sounds of mine and Josh's shoes on the pavement and an occasional sound of a car whizzing past.

"Hey." Josh said as we walked in and stood next to the group of six teens.

Maya turned to Josh and scoffed "What do you want?"

"We were thinking about you guys and what you all must be feeling. Thought we should come over." Josh gestured to me and dragged two stools over to the group.

"Would it be okay if we sat with you guys here?" I asked for their permission before sitting down.

Maya gasped "Oh my gosh. I know what this is. Life is trying to replace you!" She said to Riley "Life moves fast, life does a good job." She rambled.

Josh shot her a warning look "Maya..."

Then some sort of realisation dawned on the features of the blonde "Wait...you're actually leaving...you're really gonna go..."

"You guys are going to be fine. We will all be fine, we have to be fine...Okay?" Riley said. To some it would seem like she was trying to reassure her friends, but I could tell that her little speech was also trying to convince herself.

The next thing we knew, Lucas had stood up and gestured for Riley to follow him.

However Smackle was the one that stood to follow the Texas Boy. "Smackle!" My brother exclaimed and she sat, smiling and flung her arms around him.

Riley left to sit with Lucas, soon followed by Maya.

Lucas came back inside "Where did Maya and Riley go?" I asked.

"Bay window." Lucas replied. That window meant so much to those girls, it only made sense that they would be there.

...

...

...

"There are lots of places you'll go, I remember another we were all going someplace." Cory spoke to the large gathering of people at Topanga's Cafe "And what I said to...you..." Ho pointed at Josh "Seems like yesterday: You know what's out there? The world. You're gonna be a part of it someday. You're gonna learn from it every day." I squeezed Josh's hand tight.

Shawn took over from his best friend "You're gonna make mistakes. You're gonna make good friends too."

"And even though it seems like the world goes out of its way to teach you hard lessons." Katy added.

"It's the same world that gave you your friends and your family." Topanga smiled.

"And you'll come to believe the world is gonna protect you too." Cory finished. Had they rehearsed this on the way here or something?

Riley looked at Maya "Girl Meets World..."

"I get it now." Maya finished for her best friend.

Then a random guy walked into the cafe. Fair enough, we hadn't bothered to close the cafe for our insanely large meeting, I was surprised that someone hadn't walked in earlier. But that is besides the point.

"Topanga's..." The guy said.

Everyone looked at the potential customer. Poor guy was probably confused and now feeling awkward "Topanga's. Yeah, that's me." Topanga stood forwards.

"You still open?" He asked.

"Yeah. We're not going anywhere." Topanga's infectious smile spread through the crowd as everyone realised that our favourite family was not going anywhere.

"So, after you've met the world for a while, the best thing that happens is to find out just where it is you belong. We did...now it's your turn." Cory announced.

Everyone spread around the cafe, but everyone's attention was on the two teenage best friends sitting in the middle of the room "Big world?" Riley asked.

"Ours now." Maya stated.

"People are going to come in and out of our lives, who knows where we are all gonna end up. Who knows if the decisions we're gonna make are right or wrong. Promise me this," Riley spoke.

Maya looked at the brunette "Okay." She said simply.

"Time and distance have no power over us." She said "You and I are together for as long as we live."

There was silence between the girls for a moment before Maya's "Thunder."

Riley joined their hands together "Lightning."

"Done."

A/N: Okay so I know there wasn't much Josh and Scarlett interaction in this chapter and I apologise for that but there will be more hopefully coming soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS (to all that celebrate of course)

Love you all!