The College Program

Josh and I had both joined the NYU Pre-College program, meaning that we both had to stay in New York all summer.

This meant that my mum, dad and brother would all be going skiing without me. But as Lilla had said while I was thinking whether I should sign up for it or not 'You only have one opportunity to do this so take it.' and so I trusted my best friend and signed up.

Speaking of Lilla, she had applied to the Berklee College of Music in Boston, meaning that if she got in, she wouldn't be around as much.

Apparently, Maya was happy about the NYU thing because she had a massive crush on Josh but he wouldn't let it happen because she's three years younger. At least that's what I heard from Farkle's dinnertime babbling.

Anyway, the college campus representative Sophie Miller (she was a junior I think) met us by the front of the campus, by the large gates.

The first place Sophie showed us was the NYU dorms. When we were standing in the doorway, she looked over at Josh and I before saying "Will the two of you be living in dorms or in an apartment together off campus?"

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

"Well..." Sophie started "It's just...the way you two act around each other...anyone would think that you are a couple...Aren't you?" She asked.

"No, just two best friends." I replied.

"Yeah," Said Josh, leaning against the wall. I think he was trying (and failing) to seduce Sophie but I'm still not one hundred percent sure "So, if you're taking notice Soph, I'm single." He smirked and I cringed. Seriously...boys.

"Josh, I'm too old for you." She sighed, stepping away.

Then we went to a nearby bakery called 'Svorski's' for lunch, Farkle went there with his friends quite a lot.

On my way back from the bathroom I walked past Riley and a disheartened Maya. That night Riley was going on a date with Lucas, but to get her dad to agree, Maya and Farkle had to go on a double date with them. Maybe that was the reason she was upset. Sure I love my family, even my brother, but nobody could deny that Farkle...Farkle's a dork.

Then we made our way back to NYU to finish the tour.

Sophie showed us the rest of the classrooms and the rest of the Campus. Everything was...so beautiful. It was spring, so the flowers were blooming and the trees were green.

Of course, Josh continued to flirt with (and get shut down by) Sophie and I realised that I was... jealous.

I liked Josh.

But I tried to put my feelings aside so we could finish the tour. At least I figured out where I wanted to be. I wanted to spend my next four years in New York with Josh...I mean...at NYU. NYU seemed like it would be perfect for me. I could only hope that they would accept me. 

We went home on the Subway. Josh sat next to Sophie and I was opposite them. Somehow we ended up in the same compartment as Riley, Maya, Lucas and Farkle. Small world.

At one point (when Riley kissed Lucas) Farkle began to make out with Maya's hand. My brother is really strange.

"C'mon Soph, we have a connection, don't you feel it?" Said Josh, adjusting his beanie that was perched on his head.

"Josh," Started Sophie "I'm a tour guide, my job is to be nice to the NYU hopefuls, anyway, I'm a junior, you are only going to be a freshman, I'm three years older than you and I see that as me being too old for you."

Then we reached her stop. She left and Maya sat down next to Josh before she made her way over to me. "You love him don't you?" I asked her.

"Yeah." Her eyes widened as she saw the way I was looking over at Josh. "You do too, don't you."

I nodded, "But I have no chance with him."

"You and me both." She sighed "At least he doesn't reject you for stupid reasons like you being too young or something."

"It hurts, I get it." I said, pulling the younger girl into a side hug. I'd heard a lot about Maya and her family life from Farkle. And from all of the stories that Farkle had told me, this girl could do with a little extra love in her life.

Then Maya, Riley, Farkle and Lucas got off the train and I made my way to Josh.

"You really liked her didn't you." I said. 

"Yeah, I guess so, but it was crazy to think we could ever happen." He whispered "Although the too young thing did hurt." I couldn't believe he hadn't made the obvious link between what Sophie had said and what he always said to Maya.

"Now you know how Maya feels."

"You're right." Josh sighed "I never really realised how much I could be hurting her until it happened to me." 

We soon reached my stop "You want me to walk you home?" Josh offered as we got to the top of the steps of the subway station.

"Sure Josh, that'd be nice."

We walked the short distance to my place, talking and laughing all the way. Even when one of those big van things drove past us, splashing us with muddy water.

We parted with a hug and Josh waved me off as I went inside. A few moments later I realised my umbrella wasn't in my bag. I thought that it must have fallen out of my bag when I hugged Josh, so I opened the door and saw Josh sitting with his back against the wall. "Joshie, why are you still here?"

"Oh...no reason really...I was just about to leave...I just...I..." He stuttered as he made his way back outside.

I didn't really know why he was sitting outside, I couldn't help but wonder if it was because he... no, he couldn't be...could he?

A/N: We got a little bit of tension between Josh and Scar. She realised how she feels and she has some suspicions about Josh... 

Love you all!