Guy Talk

After a minute or two, Josh and I walked down the stairs to the main seating area of the Lodge. Lucas stood to face Josh and the two of them stood awkwardly before sitting down together.

I snorted at the awkwardness "J, come and find me when you're done." Josh nodded but I only sat back on the stairs "This'll be too good to miss."

"We're gonna talk to each other?" Lucas asked as he looked down at the ground.

Josh took a similar stance to the younger boy before saying "Yep." Another awkward pause "So have you chosen between Riley and Maya?"

"I did." He confirmed before going quiet. Oh my god, it's like neither of these boys had ever had a conversation with another human being before. "Now i got a question for you." Hm, maybe things were about to get interesting.

I leaned my head closer to the box the boys were sitting. "So who is it?" I rolled my eyes at the obviously blunt way of phrasing the question my boyfriend had used.

"No." Lucas protested.

"Come on, who?" Josh pushed the matter further. That boy never knew when to stop.

Lucas looked on the verge of anger "No...what does it mean that Riley spent the whole night talking to some other guy." He sighed.

Oh I see. He was super jealous.

"It could mean Riley's not interested in you anymore." Josh explained. Oh no don't tell him that. It's true but don't tell him, it'll break his poor little cowboy heart. 

His eyes widened "It can mean that?" Lucas asked shocked.

"Boy you are insecure for a western hero." Josh said. Was he joking? Or was he serious? Of course Lucas was feeling bad or insecure, the girl he loves had spent the whole night talking to some other dude she had just met.

And then another voice joined the conversation "Or it could mean that she just enjoys talking to someone." It was Evan. The guy Riley had stayed up all night talking to.

Ooh things were about to go down.

"I don't like that you know anything." Lucas said bitterly to Evan "I wonder what you guys talked about."

Evan smiled before saying "I told her what i wanted to do with my life."

"Oh no she loves that." Lucas' face fell.

Evan smiled again, he clearly enjoyed spending that time with Riley. I mean, who wouldn't, she's a lovely girl "I've never told anyone before."

"She loves that too." Lucas sighed defeated.

Clearly at that point, Josh decided that it would be a good idea to join in with their conversation as he said "What did you tell her?"

"I told her I wanted to be a Sherpa." Evan explained. What on earth is a Sherpa?

"Oh no don't do that." Josh said. And in that moment, the way he spoke reminded me so so much of Riley. It was crazy.

Evan's face softened again "I like helping people get to places they never thought they could go."

"Is that a Sherpa guidebook?" Lucas said, pointing at a book that Evan was holding. From what I could see, it might as well have been.

He held out the book "This is a game we're gonna play." Evan said.

Then the boys all stood up. Josh's eyes widened when he saw me sitting on the stairs. He sighed before saying "You were eavesdropping weren't you?"

"...yes..." I said "In my defence, it was funny..."

Josh grabbed my hand and pulled me up to his height (sort of) and wrapped his arm around my shoulders "Come on then, let's go and play this game then."

A/N: I'M BACK! Okay so, I will be trying to update this very fast because I have somewhat lost interest in Girl Meets World, and I have no free time. But I still want to finish this for all of you who are still reading it.

Love you all!