Last Night?

The next morning when I left my room, so many people were already up.

They were either sitting and standing around the chair area and there was a group of people standing on the stairs. So I took a seat on one of the couches net to Josh.

And then Riley started to talk. "It was really great talking to you Evan, but I have to get upstairs right now before..." Then she turned around and realised everyone was watching her.

"She's wearing the same clothes." Maya noted.

"Who's that?" Lucas asked rather aggressively.

Maya continued "While we're wearing new, different clothes."

 "Who's that?" Lucas asked again, though it sounded more like a demand than a question. Oh boy was he jealous.

"She looks sleepy to me." Maya said.

"Mm yeah, that one there. Who is that?" Lucas said again, pointing his finger at the guy next to Riley.

Riley called out to her parents for help. But they did not. "You got caught kid." Cory shrugged.

"You know what helps though?" Topanga added.

"Nothing."  Cory continued. 

When Lucas and Maya asked Riley to explain herself and what she had been doing up so late with this Evan guy, Riley made up some story about her being 'hobbled' because of her boot and unable to walk up the stairs, so she could only talk.

"Do we get involved in this nonsense or do we just stay out of it?" I whispered into Josh's ear.

Josh shook his head "No. My family is way too weird. Trust me, this is just the start of the crazy." He replied. So we sat back to watch the four teens talking.

Riley put her arms around Maya's shoulders "What do you want to do today Maya?" It sounded like she was trying to diffuse the tension by it was not working.

"Its not about today, its about last night." Lucas shot back.

"I told you, all we did was talk." Riley said calmly.

"Okay." Lucas said and walked away, giving Josh and I a look as he passed us.

"Lucas, I'm not allowed to talk?" Riley questioned.

"Sure you can." I couldn't fully tell but...Lucas' voice sounded like he was in pain, there was definitely more going on than he was letting on "You can talk to whoever you want Riley."

Maya went to speak with Lucas while Riley said goodbye to Evan. And then the 'same clothes' and 'who's that?' shebang happened again but with a different group of students.

A/N: Short update but an update none the less.

Love you all!