A Talk With Maya

When I reached the Matthews' house Topanga opened the door "Hi Panga, is Maya here?" I asked. She seemed confused.

"I thought you were out with Josh, what happened?" She replied.

"I'm sorry but that's a story for another time, is she here, I really need to talk to her." I was getting slightly desperate now "And if Josh comes to find me, please please please don't tell him I was here." I pleaded.

"Yeah, Maya's in Riley's room." Topanga let me in.

"Thank you Panga." I smiled.

I made my way up to the sweet teenage girl's room where Riley and Maya were sitting together in the bay window like usual.

"Maya!" I said, thrilled to have found her. Yes, for some reason I knew that Maya spent more time at Riley's than at her own house. I guess that's what you get when your little brother is so in love with two best friends that he practically stalks them.

"Scarlett, what are you doing here?" Riley exclaimed, Maya just looked at the scene that was unfolding in front of her.

I stopped to breathe for pretty much the first time since I left Josh at the cafe. "I'm sorry Riley, but I'm here to see Maya today." The brunette looked disappointed "But you can stay if it's okay with Maya." I added quickly.

The blonde shrugged and said "Sure why not." Making the smile on Riley's face grow even bigger than it usually was "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"It's about Josh." I said simply.

"Josh? As in my Uncle Josh? Josh Matthews? That Josh?" Riley babbled before Maya leaned over to calm her down by humming and stroking her hair.

"Yes? What about him?" Asked Maya.

"Well you know how I had a date with him today?" She shook her head "Really? Huh I thought Farkle would have told you about it by now. Anyway, I ran out just as he was about to kiss me because I...I felt guilty because you still like him..."

"Really? That's what you're so worried about? I thought something was really wrong." Smiled Maya.

"I thought you would be...I don't know...a little bit upset..." I said.

"Not really. We promised to be happy for one another if we got a chance with Josh, and I'm not going to break that promise." Even if she didn't show it Maya really was wise beyond her years.

"Thank you." I replied. And pulled both girls into a hug. "Walk me out?"

The three of us walked out of Riley's room and when we made our way into the main living area, Cory and Topanga were sitting on the couch with Auggie and...Josh...

Of course. Of course he would be here.

"Josh! Why on earth are you here?" I asked, grabbing his arm and pulling him over to the other bay window, in the living room.

"When you ran out and I lost you, I wanted to know what was wrong, if I had to add this date to my list of failed ones," He began to explain "So I went to your house first and when you weren't there I figured you might be here, and I was right."

"I'm so sorry." I apologised "I just...felt as if I was betraying Maya by kissing you. You probably think I'm being ridiculous."

"That's one of the things I love the most about you." I looked over at him, puzzled, "You are so loyal to those that you care about."

The frown on my face changed into a smile as he placed a delicate kiss on my forehead "Oh and Josh, you don't have to add this to the list of unsuccessful dates, it was actually going pretty well until I decided to run away."

"Can we go out on another date together?" He blurted out.

"What?" I though I had misheard him and what he had said.

"Will you Scarlett whatever your middle name is Minkus, go on another date with the romantic disaster that is me?" Josh asked again in the most theatrical voice I had ever heard.

I looked around and saw Maya and Riley. The latter was smiling so big I thought her face would fall off, and the former was shooting me two thumbs up. "Of course I will Josh." I replied as he wrapped me up in his arms.

As we walked to the door, Riley came up behind us and said "Yayyyyy Scarlett!!! I can't wait for you to be my aunt!!!" I almost choked.

"Slow down Riley, we're not getting married yet." I chuckled.

"Yet?" Smirked Josh "So you're saying we will get married one day?"

I tried to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up my face. "Maybe one day Joshie." I smiled and we made our way out the door and back to my place.

After about a thousand and one questions from my family about the date, which I tried to dodge as best as I could because when my family gets talking the do not shut up, I got to my room and called Lilla to tell her the news (she sounded like a screaming dolphin) and crawled under the covers of my bed.

Honestly, there is so much drama in the life of my friends and family, sometimes it feels like I am living in the middle of a television show.

A/N: Hiiiiiiiiiii!!! I've sort of been MIA for a while, but that is because my teacher are giving us so much more homework with the online schooling than the normal lessons. If you are in online schooling, are you finding that this is happening for you too or is it just that my teachers are pure evil?

Love you all!