The Start of Senior Year

Senior year.

It was our final year of college and Josh and I were finally in a place where we could move into an apartment off campus together.

We were carrying the last few boxes up to our little place when Josh asked me a question "Do you know what you want to be after college?"

"Oh...Well, I always wanted to be a teacher and I love music and english...so I guess that's what I want to do." I explained "What about you?" I looked over at Josh.

"That's the thing. Everyone else seems to know what they want to do, who they want to be. But I don't." 

"That's not a problem Josh." I tried "Lots of people don't..."

Josh slammed the cardboard box down on the couch "No Scar! Everyone does! All of our friends do! Even Shnoopaloop and your roommate from last year think they know what they want to do! Granted they probably won't get anywhere but still!" He sounded so angry. But so lost.

"Cool off Josh." I said coldly "I will be in our room."

I walked away but before I closed the door, I saw Josh collapse on the couch, head in his hands, a tear rolling down his face.

...

...

...

I was laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

I had been for a while before there was a knock at the door "Scar...can I come in? You're not replying so I'm going to take that as either you being asleep or...not a no. I'm coming in okay?"

I stayed silent as he opened the door. I stayed silent when he sat on the bed next to me.

"Listen, Scar, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled. You were just trying to help me. And you have every right to be mad at me." Josh sighed. I sat up and lied back on the headboard.

"I'm not mad at you J." I took his hand "I'm just...I don't know..." My eyes then lit up "Come on. We are going to stay up all night and we are going to figure out what you want to do." I leaned forward and stood up, dragging Josh to the couch with me.

...

...

...

Hours and hours of scouring through the papers, pamphlets and Josh's notes, we were laying on the couch, exhausted.

"Thank you for this Scar." Josh gathered together a stack of paper "I was a little bit...bitchy to you, to put it that way. And you forgave me and helped me anyway...thank you Scarlett."

I let out a small snort-laugh and Josh tilted his head, as if asking a question "It's fine Josh." I reassured him "We promised that we would constantly be there for each other, no matter how bitchy either of us got." 

Josh chuckled lightly and held out his hand "You and me?" He asked.

I took hold of his hand and whispered "You and me Josh. Forever."

A/N: I am so so sorry for this awful chapter, I have more planned but I have been making some notes for my GCSEs and I have been surprisingly busy. But I promise I will get this finished for any of you that are interested in this story.

Love you all!