Volume 3 - Chapter 7: Day of Reckoning

Cold.
All you felt was sheer coldness.
You looked around yourself.
Snow. Everywhere.
Your body was covered in cuts and bruises.
Your upper body was completely nude. No gloves, no shirt, no hoodie... no cape.
Your pants, which once were a bright white, were now a dark pink/red hue.
As you looked forward, a dark, white-haired figure made it's way toward you...

Six months ago - The beginning of the fall

"This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both."

Ironwood appeared at the entrance, clenching his fists in anger. Ozpin was nowhere to be seen.

"They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference."

People looked in horror at the massacred corpse of Penny, while you just crumbled to your knees.

"And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a murder then a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither."

This shook you out of your trance. It also confirmed everything for you. Mercury, Yang, Penny even Sol. All of them, sacrificed for their perverse sceme.

"Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves."

Airships flew over the arena, dropping of soldiers.

"As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark."

You now realized it. This voice, the one behind it all. It was the woman you fought at the ball. It was the fake maiden.

"So I ask you: When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?"

Mia and Zeke appeared at your side. "Y/n! What is happening!?" Zeke started shaking you.

As if to answer his question, an eerie alarm boomed through the arena. The screen showed an orange sign, reading 'CAUTION'.

'Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.'

The crowd started to scream in terror, trying to flee the arena.