Chapter 17

Her biggest problem wasn't even the fact Yeji would also be outside

Her biggest problem wasn't even the fact Yeji would also be outside. Or even the fact she would see her former group of friends being close to each other.

It was something she would never say out loud to anyone. It would have to stay inside her mind. And even so, she categorized it under 'things I will think about but never really acknowledge'.

'Yeji is out there wearing whatever she wears these days to swim in the pool.'

Yes, that's actually the bigger problem here.

She threw her phone on top of the hoodie she had on the floor. She wasn't dancing this time around. She had simply made this room her safe zone. From which she planned to only leave to get food or rest.

Ryujin would even consider sleeping there had it been Yeji who was her roommate. Luckily it was Lia.

Lia who was on her way there. Who continued to ignore her wishes to be left alone and insisting on making her be social. She'd get tired eventually.

"What are you even doing here?" Lia asked the moment she opened the door, wasting no time.

She wasn't even properly dressed, wearing only her bikini and a t-shirt on top of it. Her hair slightly damp from what Ryujin assumed could only be having gone into the pool earlier.

"Enjoying my time alone." She responded, sitting with her back against one of the mirror walls. "That is, until now."

Ryujin smirked, feeling smug about calling Lia out on being a pain in her ass.

"It's a beautiful sunny day and the pool is amazing. Yet, here you are. Being stubborn." She countered, moving towards her. "And for what?"

"For peace."

"I don't think drowning in your sorrow and pain is peaceful."

"Good thing I'm not doing that then."

Lia gave her a look and Ryujin wouldn't admit it but she knew that she lost.

"No."

"Yes. Come on." Lia said, grabbing Ryujin's hand and trying to drag her up.

"You're too small and weak to do that." Ryujin stated, amusement obvious as she simply sat there, watching the other struggle to pull her up.

"Come on, Abu. A little help?"

Ryujin chuckled, looking at how red Lia's face was in that moment. The sudden nickname they once used to tease her, now warmed her heart.

She wouldn't admit so, though.

"Maybe you should make use of the gym." She teased the shorter woman.

Lia hit her arm, Ryujin feigned pain before breaking into a smile.

"You really don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with, Ryu."

Ryujin raised her eyebrows, looking at the house then back at her.

"Besides being here." Lia smiles sheepishly.

Ryujin scoffed playfully.

'Maybe this isn't so bad.'

'Maybe we could become friends again.'

Ryujin went into their shared room, changing clothes while Lia waited for her to do so. Saying that if she left her, Ryujin would just get out of doing it. She was right to presume so.

Ten minutes later, she was setting foot outside.

She immediately regretted her decision.

Because there she was. Yeji.

Smiling as she splashed both Yuna and Chaeryeong who seemed to be teaming up against her.

"Lia, help." She yelled out, trying to protect her face from the water.

The shorter of them glanced at Ryujin and ran to the pool, taking off her t-shirt and jumping inside to help Yeji.

Ryujin didn't notice it but she was smiling as she watched them.

'Fuck it.' She thought, 'It's all fake. Right? Their friendship. Yeji being just a manager. This fucking show.'

'It's all entertainment.'

'I can do that. I've always been good at variety.'

She was hyping herself up without even realizing.

And next thing she knew, Ryujin was inside the pool with the others.

"Abu." Yuna yelled out, "Join our side."

"No way. Ryujin is in our team." Argued Lia, holding her arm.

Chaeryeong was the next to speak, "Ryujin would obviously choose us. Am I right?"

There was only one person who didn't speak, but looked at her with an interested glance. Waiting to see what she would do.

Ryujin smirked. Stepping away from all of them. "Ryujin is a one person team." She announced. Splashing everyone before trying to swim away from them.