Chapter 20

Ryujin was coming back from a long day of classes, desperate to sit on the couch and rest.

Opening the door, she immediately made her way to the couch, dropping her backpack at the sight of it. Flopping into the couch and laying there without moving.

Yeji should have been home before her but the apartment was too quiet. After a few minutes, Ryujin lifted her head from the cushions, trying to hear any sounds. Nothing.

That's strange.

She quickly turned around, her back now laying against the couch. Pulling out her phone and texting Yeji.

It took the other a few of minutes to text her back, which, added to her absence, made her worry.

Oh. Her parents.

She had given them the benefit of the doubt. Many times.

Far too many.

All because Yeji kept telling her so.

'They're not that bad.'

'They only want the best for me.'

'That's how they were raised.'

'It's a different generation, Ryujin.'

'They love me. That's why they say those things.'

Bullshit, if you asked her.

But Yeji didn't ask. And every time she said, the other would get angry at Ryujin. As if she was the bad guy here, not her parents.

Most times she would simply nod and go along with it. Not wanting to cause a fight.

Sometimes they did end up fighting over this.

Putting up with all this bullshit that continuously got on every nerve of her body was tiring.

At this point, Ryujin's feelings towards Yeji's parents had grown to a nice and healthy strong dislike. Maybe even hatred on a bad day.

She wasn't even sure why they were fighting this time around. They were so controlling that the possibilities were endless. Sometimes they even tried to dictate what Yeji could eat. Who the fuck does that?

She texted back, making sure to let her know that she loved her. Wanting to send some positivity her way as she dealt with whatever bullshit her parents were surely spewing.

Once her girlfriend replied back, her mood dropped even more.