Chapter Twenty-Five

POV Alec

So it was true. He had really been right with his assumption - Magnus was a part of the Shadow World. He was a warlock.

Alec shook his head and chuckled.

"What is it?" Magnus asked immediately and he sounded concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. It's just ... it's weird that all of this doesn't really feel weird to me, if you understand what I mean" Alec tried to explain. "I was confused at first when I found out about all this Shadow World business but I have thought about it a lot and it is actually answering a lot of questions I had."

"So you're okay ... with all of this?" Magnus asked carefully. He sounded so uncertain and vulnerable all of a sudden and Alec was overwhelmed by emotions when he realized how afraid Magnus was that he wasn't going to accept him. That he would be scared off and that he would just walk away from him.

"It will probably still take a while for me to get used to all of this but I'm fine" he said emphatically and took Magnus's hand into his to make sure that he wouldn't leave. "I understand why you haven't told me earlier and I'm not mad about it. I'm glad that I know the truth now but you're still the same to me. I mean my feelings for you have not changed."

Alec gulped, when he realized what he had just said and looked down at their hands. Was this the right time? Should he really say this? It was probably obvious anyways but Magnus had revealed his secret to him today so it just felt right to be honest about his feelings as well. Also he didn't want to hide this any longer. It was like a pressure on his chest and he couldn't breathe freely if he didn't let it out eventually.

Alec looked up into Magnus's face and when he saw how soulfully the other boy was looking at him the words came out of his mouth almost automatically.

"I mean I'm still in love with you."

Alec blushed deeply and he didn't know where to look. It seemed so quiet in the room all of a sudden and it was making him nervous. It felt like the words he had just said were still hanging in the air and like their weight was about to crush him. Not even the crackling sound of the fire in the background was able to calm Alec down.

Maybe this had not been the right time. Maybe he should not have said this. Maybe it was making Magnus feel uncomfortable. Maybe he had interpreted all this wrong because he was a fool and maybe -

But then he suddenly felt Magnus' hand cupping his cheek again and his thoughts stopped running crazy immediately. Alec sighed relieved and closed his eyes, leaning himself into the touch. Did Magnus know how much he liked it when he was touching him like that? It made him feel safe and gave him the courage to look at the other boy again.

"I love you too, Alexander" Magnus said softly when their eyes met. "I haven't been in love for a very long time because I was afraid to get hurt. I've build those walls around my heart but then you came along and teared them all down. When I first met you I trusted you immediately and I still do."

Alec didn't know what to say. He couldn't believe that this was really happening. Magnus Bane was in love with him. Him, who had always been invisible.

Alec was still busy processing the whole situation when Magnus suddenly leaned forward and kissed him. Again!

It was a very soft, yet passionate and deep kiss that knocked the air out of Alec's lungs and made him gasp. Automatically he buried his hands in Magnus's hair and pulled him closer. His hair was so incredibly soft and for a brief moment Alec was wondering what shampoo he used but then he felt Magnus' tongue poking against his lips and his brain stopped functioning for good.