Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hi. This is not part of the chapter but I need to say something. First of all I want to thank everybody who is reading this story and especially the ones who are leaving votes and comments on the chapters. Compared to how many people have clicked on this story it's barely anybody who gives me feedback and that makes me feel a bit insecure but I won't complain. Those who leave comments are always very kind and I really appreciate that you tell me your opinion on what I write because it helps me a lot. Anyways ... the main point of this is that I wanted to say that I am very busy and stressed out at the moment so I won't be able to update that often in the next few weeks. I hope you understand.

POV Alec

Alec couldn't believe it - Magnus really was his boyfriend now. The kindest and most beautiful man he had ever met liked him back and wanted to be together with him. He never would have thought that this would actually happen someday. Of course he had imagined it very often but now his fantasy had actually turned into reality. Generally speaking one could say that this was happening in Alec's life quite a lot recently - things he never would have imagined to happen coming true right in front of his eyes. It was overwhelming. Overwhelming but also exciting in the best way possible. Magnus was a warlock; they were Shadowhunters and despite their differences and troubles in the past Maryse was accepting him and they were having dinner together.

Watching how the two of them were interacting with each other and even laughing occasionally brought a smile on Alec's face. He was convinced that he was the luckiest person on earth right now - but then suddenly something unexpected happened.

Magnus was just telling them a funny story from his past when the sound of the doorbell interrupted him.

Maryse frowned and looked to Max and Izzy.

"Are you expecting someone?" she asked. Izzy shook her head and Max did the same thing.

"I'm going to look who it is" Max said and left the room.

Alec didn't know why but he was suddenly having a bad feeling. Probably he was just being paranoid but his gut feeling told him that something was going to happen and judging by the tense expression on his mother's face she seemed to feel the same.

Alec was just about to get up and look if Max was alright when he came back into the room again - with their father following him. He was wearing his Shadowhunter gear and looked deadly serious. When he saw Magnus sitting on their kitchen table his eyes went wide in disbelief and his jaw dropped.

"What are you doing here again?" Maryse asked coldly and got up from her chair. "I thought I would have made myself very clear that I don't want you to cause anymore trouble here."

"Trouble? Thanks to me the children finally know who they really are. Something you have kept from them for years" Robert defended himself. "And it looks to me as if you all were very good at getting you into trouble all by yourselves." He sounded angry now and pointed at Magnus. "I mean why on earth is this warlock eating with you? Don't you know who he is?!"

Maryse was just about to say something but before she was able to do so Alec jumped up from his chair. "His Name is Magnus and we know exactly who he is" he hissed, feeling hot anger boiling up inside of him. He couldn't believe that this man just walked in here like that and judged them for being friends with a warlock. "He's part of the family - unlike you!"

"Part of the family?" Robert laughed loudly. "So you would rather have a possible criminal in your family than me?" he asked with a sneer. "This warlock is most likely responsible for the death of two little boys and you are friends with him?!"

Death of two boys? What the hell was he talking about?

Alec looked over to Magnus and the bad feeling in his stomach got even worse when he saw the expression on his boyfriend's face. Apparently he knew exactly what Robert was talking about. Was he really ...