Chapter Nineteen

POV Alec

Alec loved his siblings - he really did - but sometimes he wished they would all be a little bit less interested in his love life (which had basically been nonexistent until two month ago if he was being honest). Especially Jace.

Alec never would have expected it but since his brother knew about his crush on Magnus he was behaving even worse than Izzy. At least she only confined herself to asking Alec curious questions when Magnus wasn't around - Jace on the other hand actively tried to bring them together somehow and he definitely was not as subtle about it as he always claimed. What he had just done with Simon was probably a very good example for that.

Of course Alec knew that he was only trying to be a good brother and wanted to help him to "finally get laid" (those had been Jace's words, definitely not Alec's) but most of the time his attempts at doing so were just very embarrassing for Alec in the end.

Luckily they hadn't had that much time in the last few weeks so Jace had not had very many opportunities yet to put his plans into action but Alec felt like that was about to change very soon, which made him panic. He didn't even want to think about what crazy stuff his brother would come up with. One thing however was for sure: if he continued behaving like that Magnus would very soon find out about everything and that would be a complete nightmare.

But as embarrassed Alec still was about Jace's rather insensitive attempt of helping him he also felt sorry for Simon who had to suffer under it even though he had done nothing wrong. Okay yes he could be a little bit annoying sometimes but pulling him into the water like that had definitely not been necessary.

When Simon climbed out of the water again he was shivering and his glasses were hanging crookedly on his nose. It was a wonder that he had not lost them in the first place.

"Oh my god Simon!" Clary said, sounding shocked, while Izzy reacted immediately and jumped to her feet. She pulled Jace's towel out of his bag and walked over to Simon but instead of just giving it to him she wrapped him into it by herself, what made Simon's face immediately look a lot more colorful again.

"It's okay, I'm fine" Simon said but Izzy and Clary ignored him.

"Here you should drink a cup of tea to warm yourself up a little bit" Clary said and her voice made it clear that she wouldn't accept a 'no' for an answer. She pressed a little plastic cup in Simon's hands and he nodded obediently, taking a sip immediately.

"I think you really should apologize to Simon" Alec said to Jace, his voice only so loud that the others couldn't hear him. "I mean look at him - he looks like a drowned cat or something like that."

"Yeah maybe he got a little bit wet but did you see how Izzy was taking care of him immediately?" Jace asked proudly and grinned. "And I rather doubt that he didn't like that."

Alec raised his eyebrows, surprised that Jace apparently knew about Simon's crush on Izzy.

"So you want to say that that was your plan all along?" he asked doubtfully. "You just wanted to help Simon to get closer to Izzy?"

"Of course that was only one part of the plan" Jace said with a smirk and Alec's face got hot immediately.

"Shut up!" he mumbled embarrassed, hoping that Magnus wasn't paying any attention to their conversation. Jace's methods of bringing people closer together definitely needed to be worked on. Alec silently wondered what methods his brother was using to seduce Clary and he really hoped that they were better than this cause otherwise the two of them would probably never become a thing.

A few minutes later when Jace and Aline had come out of the water and put on their clothes again Clary decided that they should probably head home already before Simon got sick in his wet clothes.