pinky promise

"We should do this more often...." I said trying to gain more breaths into my lungs.
"Not a problem babe, but am not really sure your body's ready for the exercise yet. "Martin complained stretching out his leg.
" It's been three weeks Martin, am fine already." I whined.
"So she always says. "He whispered. I stuck my tongue out at him and he made an attempt to catch it with his finger.
I laughed at his failed attempt. We were currently running laps in the street. I was trying to get back to my previous figure. It was proving impossible  each day .
"I'll beat you back." I bet as I made the run back home.
We both started out at a fast pace. He got home before me.
"Water nanny Sharon." I collapsed on the sofa as the nanny ran to the kitchen to get me water.
"You'll tire yourself out,we aren't doing this again till I see that you're fit enough." He said sitting beside me, placing his legs on the table in front of him.
"No promises." I argued,still trying to gain my breaths.
The nanny brought over two glasses for me and Martin.
"Thank you nanny,how are the kids?" I asked downing the glass in one go.
" Sleeping. They woke up about twenty minutes ago crying,I changed their diapers and put them back to bed."She replied.
" Thank you nanny." I bid returning the glass back to her as she went into the kitchen.
Nanny Mandy Sharon was a 40years old woman. She had 18 years experience raising kids. She was gentle with kids .Martin and I hired her immediately. She treated the kids like they were hers. We couldn't have found a better nanny for them.
Martin's phone rang,he picked it,putting it on speaker.
"Hey man,is Antonia there with you?" It was Christopher.
" Yeah,she is. She can hear you."Martin replied.
" I've been calling you all day,you weren't picking."he complained.
" We went for a run,we just got back,my phone's in the room." I said..
" It's Tessa. She came by my house yesterday,she beat up my maid. The poor girl was helping me massage my leg,she walked in,and started beating the poor girl up."
Chris had an accident on a skateboard last week. We had all asked Tessa to go visit him at the hospital,but she didn't,I guess she finally decided to go yesterday,saw him with a girl,and got jealous.
"Am really sorry about that Chris,how's the girl,hope she wasn't hurt?" I asked concerned
" She claims she isn't,but I forced her to go for a check-up. You need to put a leash on Tessa,she's so annoying,she claims she doesn't want anything with me,yet she's still being possessive." He said.
" Am really sorry Chris,I'll call her now." I apologized on her behalf.
" It's fine Antonia. You should talk some sense into her." He advised." I'll talk to you later."
" I will ." I whispered.
He hung up.
" Your friend is a nut job."Martin remarked smirking as he went into the room. I hurried after him to go and call Tessa.

****************************
"You should hear me out first,she was touching him all over. I saw them both,I thought he was head over heels in love with me,turns out I was right all along. He doesn't,cause if he was,he wouldn't let some random girl touch him all over. She hit me really hard Tonia,you need to see the big scar on my face. She attacked me badly,and chris,that jerk,supported her. He asked me to leave his house.." Tessa recounted.
" Are you done?" I asked " that girl was his maid,she was only giving him a massage,like the doctor prescribed. Since you weren't there to do it,he got someone else."
" Is that all you're going to say?"she asked.
" What else,I would say you deserve everything that she did to you. What gave you the right to attack her, you're not his mom,his sister,neither are you his girlfriend,or are you?" I asked back.
" That hurts Antonia,really!"she sobbed.
" And whose fault is that?"
" Mine,all mine." She wept into the phone.
"Am sorry about how you feel right now, but trust me,Chris is feeling much worst."
"You know why I don't do relationships Antonia....you know right?" She asked.
" I do." I sighed. Her ex,she was ready to give him her all. She had aborted over seven pregnancies for him. He introduced her to drug and alcohol. He broke up with her and got married to his neighbor. She was really heartbroken. She felt that if she allowed another man in,he was going to be like her ex. That was why she never went as far as casual sex with guys. "But chris is not like him. I can promise you that. Chris loves you."
" I love him too." She sniffled.
I smiled to myself.....mission almost accomplished." Should I tell him to come over to see you?"
"He's not gonna come." She argued.
" He is,trust me."
" Alright then."she agreed " I guess,I'll just have to fix my makeup,tidy up the house. And maybe even cook him something to eat." And that,was the Tessa we all knew. My best friend was back.
"He's gonna be so happy. He's going to make you happy." I reassured.
" He doesn't have a choice yunno. I won't settle for any less." She laughed." Thank you baby,I love you."
" Awwwnnnn,I love you too Tessa. I'll call Chris now." I hung up. I couldn't wait to hear what Chris was going to say.
" Hey Chris."
" Hi Tonia,you talked to her already?" He asked.
"I did. She wants you to come over."
" She's not planning to kill me and then bury me in her room is she?" He asked worriedly.
" Offcourse not,she just wants to talk. Oh,and wear maybe a suit and tie,cause she's cooking,and that's not something that happens casually."
" Now am getting scared!" He exclaimed.
I laughed " cheer up,I'll suggest you start getting dressed now,cause trust me,you don't want to face her wrath."
" I will Antonia,please tell martin i love him,and the kids.please tell them about me when they grow up. I love them too. And please,start with the obituary plans." He said.
I couldn't stop laughing." Bye chris." I hung up.
" Your best friend is one sick guy." I told Martin as I joined him on the bed.
" Funny,I could say the same about yours." He retorted.
Okay,now there was something wrong. He was acting really strange."spill it out Martin, what is it?"
"I honestly cannot believe you were planning to leave me. Is that what I am to you,am I just an object? You were going to leave cause Barbara asked you too." He said angrily.
So that was it,I finally told him all about Barbara's visit to the hospital and our little chat,and I already apologized for even thinking about considering leaving him. Turns out he was still mad about it.
"I already said am sorry Martin,I just pitied her,that's all. I really am sorry babe,forgive me." I said straddling him on the bed.
" Sorry doesn't cut it." He said still angry.
I kissed him." Does this cut it?"
" Now you're messing with my head." He said trying to resist my kisses.
" I love you Martin Pierce,and I'll be forever sorry for even thinking about leaving you for a second. Turns out,that I can't leave without you."
" I love you too Antonia Lewis,but don't do that again."I raised a finger.
" Pinky promise." He chuckled at my childish act.
" Let's get married." He said kissing my fingers.
"Seriously Martin Pierce,this is the second time you're proposing without a ring." I smiled.
" I'll get you the best ring money can afford." He said.
"I don't need all that,I just want your last name." I smiled at him.
" I solemnly swear that when I ask you this again,it will be with a ring and a candle light dinner." He promised.
" It had better." I threatened. We both laughed.
We were both quiet , listening to each other's heart beat when he suddenly said something.
"Babe,don't kill me....." He started. I nodded signaling him to continue." So,you're twenty six,and you already have two kids,and you're just gonna get a little brother or a sister. How complicated will the relationship be as our children grow up and we have to start explaining to them......."
He asked. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him..............
He just had to ruin the moment didn't he?

Phew!!!😥😥 Another chapter.
So sorry for the late update.
🙏🙏🙏
@Alainakelly ❤️❤️
Thanks for the continuous love,I really appreciate.
So,a quick story,a friend of mine,she's twenty three  and she just got a baby sister.😂😂
She has refused to go home,she has now moved into mine.
Claims she won't be there for the christening 🤣