CHAPTER TEN

A/N: here's a small chapter for you guys, the next one should follow soon! I had to divide it into two parts because it was wayyyy too long. Enjoy!

__ __ __

I woke up at the sound of the big metallic front door opening, only to see that I fell asleep on the couch, my head resting on Carl's shoulder who was still seemed sound asleep. We spent the whole night talking, whether it was about his eagerness to become a dad, his will to go back to work in another hospital,... It felt good to be reunited with my friends. I didn't realize how much I missed them, even though I had been gone for only a few days. I got used to living with them, to have them by my side in every circumstances. Carl and Alice were the best friends you could ask for: the caring, loving and sincere type.

I straightened up, delicately removing my head from Carl's shoulder as Alice walked quickly in our direction with an excited face on.

"Hayley Katherine Thames, you're a freaking celebrity now!" she exclaimed loudly with a bunch of magazines in her hands and a couple of coffees in the other one.

"What's going on?" her husband's asleep voice asked as he got startled by her sudden exclamation.

"Brit and Michael are on the cover of half of today's magazines! Look!" she excitedly said, handing us the magazines in question. "Damn girl, look at you! You're smocking hot!"

"Shit," is all I managed to mutter as I looked at the beautiful picture of Michael and I. We were both smiling at each other, and it was clear that Neal really managed to capture the love we both share. "Save the date: The King Of Pop found his Queen!," I read the title with a grin. "It's catchy, I like it."

"Damn, this one says 'Jacko: Not So Homo?'," Car said with disgust in his voice. "Why are people so harsh?"

"They're just jealous," I shrugged. I wasn't even surprised to find such horrible titles in the press. They were just full of it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even pay attention to the title, if I read it I wouldn't have bought it. I just saw you on the covers and—"

"Al, don't apologize," I gently told her, rubbing her arm as she sat next to me on the armrest of the couch. "Thank you for that. I can't believe I made it on the front page of most of America's magazines."

"Don't mention it. I woke up early this morning to buy them all. That's when I realized I woke up alone," Al raised an eyebrow, looking at her husband.

"I'm sorry honey, I couldn't sleep last night and when I woke up Brit was already here, watching Michael's interview, so I joined her and well... We fell asleep," Carl explained as he stood up to go to his wife.

"I figured. I turned the TV off and put a blanket on both of you when I woke up," she let us know as I smiled at her gesture. "Let me go prepare some breakfast for our new celebrity."

"No, I've got this," Carl refused, as he placed a kiss on Al's forehead. "Enjoy your coffee, I'll go make some waffles."

"Ugh, I've dreamed of these waffles for days," I admitted as I grabbed the coffee Alice was handing me, salivating in advance at the mention of Carl's specialty. They were my weakness.

"Then your wish has been granted!" Carl answered from the kitchen.

"Aren't you going to read what they wrote about you?" my best friend asked me, as she took a sip of her green tea.

"I will, but not now," I said with a dismissive wave before I took a sip of my hot beverage. "Sometimes ignorance is bliss."

"You just wanna enjoy the moment, huh?" she wondered with a small smile as I simply nodded as a response. "So how is it going to be now? You're gonna have your own bodyguards following you around?"