Prologue

The chaos was rough and tensions were high. Bridesmaids and groomsmen were running around the entire venue with their cellphones tightly gripped in the hands and pressed against their ears. The guests were quickly arriving for the service to begin promptly at 10 am. The bride Candace Hopkins was prepping herself up with her mother in her hotel room. The smile she held upon her face was brighter than the sun itself.
Her mother smiled down at her daughter as they stood in the mirror looking at her reflection. Everything was absolutely perfect and today was going to be the start of an even better life with the man Candace fell in love with, Chris Brown. They've known each other since high school and held a six year relationship. Today was the wonderful day they were going to tie the knot.
"You look so beautiful Candace."Candace's mother wiped the few tears that fell from her eyes," You look just like I did on my wedding day."
Candace looked up into her mother's eyes and squeezed her hand tightly,"Ooh stop mama, you're gonna make me cry."
"I'm just so happy for you. Your father and I have been waiting for the day that we would finally be able to give you off to someone who can take care of you and give you everything you ever wanted and we Chris is just that man."
"Mom, I would love Chris even if he didn't have a penny to his name. It's not always about money you know."
"God forbid! We wouldn't give you away to someone who isn't as successful as Chris. Don't even start with your continuous arguments and be grateful that you were able to find yourself a nice rich man. That's the best thing life has to offer."
Candace shook her head and sighed. There was so much that she has learned from her mother but this is something she absolutely refuses to listen to. She looked at her mother and said,"All I know, is that love is beautiful, rare, and hard to find but when you do find it, you should work hard to keep it."
There was a knock at the room door and Mrs.Hopkins walked over to answer it and saw it was Candace's best friend/bridesmaid Kelly. Kelly walked over to Candace with a worried look on her face and beads of sweat clinging to her forehead. She didn't know how she was going to say this but she had to say something. Kelly looked over at Mrs. Hopkins and back over to Candace. Candace smiled widely at her friend and asked,"Kelly, what's wrong with you. You're all sweaty and gross. You need to go clean up before it's time for the wedding to start."
Kelly said nervously,"Yeah about that, Candace all the guests are here and Chris and Trey are nowhere to be found. We've all called them about a hundred times and they aren't picking up."
Candace darted a worried look towards her mother,"It's gonna be okay right? I mean, there's gonna be a wedding right?"
"Calm down sweetie,"Mrs.Hopkins said with a light grip on her daughters shoulders."Everything is gonna be fine. We just have to think positively."
"Why do we even HAVE to think positively! It's my wedding day and Chris better show up in a fucking second before I explode on his ass got dammit!"
"Candace, deep breaths. Chris is a GOOD guy and I don't think he would do anything to hurt you on YOUR day. He loves you. Maybe he and Trey got into some car trouble or something. He'll be here."Kelly said softly.
Candace took a deep breath and said,"You're right. I'm just....trippin. I know Chris, and if he wasn't ready for this big of commitment he would've told me."
Meanwhile, Chris and Trey Brown, the successful owners of the family owned business General Motors, were boarding their private plane. They took their seats and got comfortable before the plane took off to Detroit Michigan. Chris is the older brother of Trey and looks out for Trey in every way possible. Their parents passed a few years back in a terrible car accident and their business was passed onto their sons.
Trey cleared his throat and said,"Aye Chris, you sure you made the right decision?"
Chris nodded,"Take it from me, you can't rush into anything especially marriage. To be honest I wasn't even CLOSE to being ready. I young and I got a whole bunch of other shit to be worrying about."
"I hear you, but you and Candace been together for like five years!"
"Six."
"My bad. But after all you been through, that still wasn't enough?"
"It wasn't her, it was me. I wasn't ready but you know her and and her mother kinda forced me into it. It was like all they ever talked about."
"Her mama crazy as fuck!"
Chris nodded,"I hope you ain't tryna marrying your female, what's her name? Melissa? Morgan?"
"Nah it's Megan.And I know for a FACT we ain't running to be walking down the aisle."
"Don't let females pressure you into shit you ain't ready for. We talkin about LIFE. I just wanna have a relationship like mom and pops did."
"Me too."
"So does Candace even know you movin out to Detroit?"
"Hell no. That's rule number ONE of how to stay the fuck away from angry females. NEVER tell them where you going or else they gon find you and chop of yo balls."
Trey laughed,"Nigga foreal? Damn, shits crazy."
"I wasn't even tryna hurt her, but you know it is what it is."
Confused? Don't be. The Brown family has been living in L.A just about their entire life while the General Motors official headquarters was in Detroit. Their father Cliff Brown used to travel a lot to get work done over there and still be at home to raise his boys with his beloved wife. They were a strong and dominant family. Very powerful, now that Chris has abandoned his fiance without so much as a warning, Chris and Trey Brown are moving to Detroit Michigan to keep a closer eye on their family business.They already bought houses for themselves and they had them set up so the only left for them to do is land in Detroit and start their new life in a new town.
Chris cleared his throat and looked down at hand and said,"Might as well take this shit off huh?"he took his engagement ringer off his finger and tossed it into the wastebasket in front of him.
Trey looked over at his brother and asked,"Aye Chris, you think they got pretty bitches in Detroit?"