Two Positives Make A Negative (2)

Dreams, slumber's either dreaded or revered illusions, flashed by in an instant; visions of happiness soon vanished into ominous warnings. Dream ran. He ran as far as his aching feet could take him. However, it was futile. The darkness- Negativity chased after him in the amaranthine black expanse. Its' oozing tendrils reached out, trying to wrap around his frame and drag him into its suffocating enmity. The Guardian of Positivity awkwardly dodged. Fighting back was out of the question, as both his arms were too busy shielding his middle - his son - from attacks. Continuing forward, the yellow-clad skeleton spared a glance at the sinister foe. Another cirrus struck while his attention was diverted. He glanced back, unable to evade it in time; Wholly out of options as it smacked into his body. Then, suddenly Dream was falling- descending through a vertical tunnel of darkness at high speeds. 

"Gah!" He toppled off the couch, hitting the floor with a light thud. The dastardly-designed quilt hugged his frame and made it nigh impossible to move. After some wiggling around, though, the pregnant skeleton was able to free himself; The offending object was thrown on to a couch cushion. Groaning, Dream slowly pulled himself up. Then he promptly sat down and rubbed his aching spine. 

It was all a dream- No, a nightmare. I haven't had one of those in a while. 

He shuddered at the thought. Why now of all times did such a thing happen? The positive aura from his little Palette combined with his own ousted them. Perhaps his brother was up to mischief? Though, wasn't Ink taking care of that? The Star Council commanded him to find and eliminate all evil forces. And- Well, Dream still objected to the decision. He wanted Nightmare to live. To get better. To mend their broken relationship. (Assuming those things were still possible.) That couldn't be done if either of them were dead. But what could he do? A majority of votes were in favor of the act; Very few disagreed, and even less disagreed enough to make their displeasure known. He had been one of those minor few (along with the Swap Sanses), but, considering his current situation, he learned to keep his mouth shut rather quickly. Dream didn't want to endanger Palette further. As some monsters knew how to hold a grudge and hold it well. Like a weapon they finely polish until the time to strike was near. Thus, why he did not leave the Doodlesphere often.

H e  h a d  a  t a r g e t  o n  h i s  b a c k . 

Nightmare also had a target on his back. A large one. Not to mention, there was a high chance the dark king did not know about the 'evil purge' going on.

What if I-

A slight smile graced his jaws. He had an idea. It was risky, but if it worked, then it would be worth it. 

"Just... one last chance. I know he can be a better person if he tries. Plus, if it works out, you'll be able to meet your uncle and spend time with him and so on. And I'll get my brother back." Dream whispered, softly, gently rubbing a hand on his stomach.