We Need To Talk

Ariana's P.O.V

Days later, it was sadly time for us to leave. I still wasn't back to 100%, but Ryder and I were convinced it was just a bug or something and that it would pass soon enough. Saying my goodbyes to Cami and her friends, we promise one another that we would meet up somehow in the future. As we get onto Ryder's private jet, I curl up into a ball and fall asleep right away.

When I woke up, I was already laying in our bed and the smell of food filled my nose. Looking around, I rub my eyes and let them adjust. Realizing it was dark outside, I assume that Ryder was making dinner and head downstairs because I was starving.

"Ah, Sleeping Beauty has risen," Ryder says with a chuckle. "I made a pizza. It should be done in a few minutes," he says.

"Sounds good. How long ago have we been home?" I ask.

"About two or three hours. You were practically in a coma when we landed because you weren't waking up, so I carried you to the car and then into the house while the guards took care of our luggage," he says.

"Ah ok, got it," I say. Suddenly feeling dizzy, I grip the table for support.

Rushing over to me, Ryder places his hands on my waist to steady me. "Babe, are you ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, just a little dizzy," I say.

"The pizza should be done by now. I think once you eat you'll feel better," Ryder says as he goes to take the pizza out the oven. After eating 3 slices of Ryder's homemade pizza, I take a shower and brush my teeth, hoping that whatever was wrong with me would be gone by morning.

The next morning, I wake up alone because Ryder had already left for work. Not seeing a point in getting up, I drift back off to sleep. At 2:30, my phone begins to ring nonstop. Picking it up, I see Ashlynn's name.

"Hey bitch. Wake up and come downstairs because I'm outside," she says.

"Ok, ok. Coming," I say. Reluctantly getting out of bed, I walk downstairs to open the door for her.

"Damn, you look like shit," she says walking in.

"And hello to you too," I say sarcastically. Feeling bile rise in my throat, I rush to the bathroom to once again empty my stomach.

"Shit, Ryder wasn't joking when he said you were spewing your guts out constantly," Ash says as she rubs my back.

"Shut up," I reply, washing my mouth out and giving her the middle finger.

"Ari, how long have you been like this?" she asks.

"Since Monday," I reply. "Why?" I ask.

"Oh shit. Oh fucking shit. I'll be right back," she says, running down the stairs and then out the door.

"Ash! Wait!" I call out after her, trying to figure out where in the hell she was going. "Well ok then," I say, walking out the bathroom to go to the kitchen to get some food. Making myself an egg and two waffles, I head to the living room to watch Supernatural.

"I'm back," Ashlynn's voice calls, as she walks through the front door. "You should put your spare key in a better place you know," she says, tossing it on the table.

"Why'd you leave so abruptly?" I ask.

"Because I think I might have figured something out. So I need you to take this," she says.

"Why? Wait. You don't think..." I start.

"It's definitely possible," she says.

"But that wouldn't make any sense," I say confused.

"Better to be safe than sorry," she replies.

"I mean, it would explain why, but wouldn't explain when," I say.

"Only one way to find out," she says. 5 minutes later, Ashlynn and I were revealed the truth.

"So it's true," I say.

"It is," she replies as we both stared at it. "What are you going to do?" she asks.

"Talk to him, I guess. There isn't exactly another option," I reply.

"Well..." she starts.

"No. Absolutely not," I reply.

"I'm just saying, there's always that option, but I know you're not like that," she says.

"You're right, Im not," I confirm.

"What if he..." I start again, not wanting to finish my thought.

"Hey, positive thoughts only. And if he turns out to be an ass about it, you got me," she says.

"You're right, you're right," I say.

"I'm always right," Ash replies. "Hey, we should watch a movie and eat some popcorn. It'll help take it off your mind," she says.

"Yeah. Let's watch a movie," I reply. 2 movies, 3 bags of popcorn, and some tears later, Ashlynn decides to head home leaving me with my thoughts. Soon enough, Ryder's car pulls into the driveway and he walks through the door.

"Babe! I'm home! I got us Chinese food!" he yells, placing the food down on the counter.

"Hey, smells good," I say, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes, it does. let me just wash my hands and I'm all yours," he says. Taking off his suit jacket, he rolls up his sleeves to wash his hands at the sink. Drying them, he then turns around to look at me.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he asks.

"Ryder. We um, we need to talk," I say, sitting down.

"Is this about you being sick? Because I can definitely take you to the hospital right now if you want," he says.

"Ryder, I know why I've been sick," I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Well, that's good. That means I can get you some medicine and you'll be as good as new in no time. It'll be like it never even happened," he says.

"It's not that simple, Ryder," I reply.

"What do you mean? You get sick, you take medicine, and boom, sickness gone," he says. Shaking my head no, he walks over to me and tilts my head up so that I can look at him.

"Baby what's wrong? Talk to me," he says.

"I'm pregnant," I say.