Luna Loves The Earth

The Moon lives for each moment she can make the tides on Earth rise. With each revolution, Luna breaths life upon the planet. She fawns over the Earth dwellers among the stars, and looks for every opportunity to bring refuge upon them. So invested was she in the intricate ecosystems of the natural world. Luna loves the Earth, and, in the beginning of time, the Earth loved the Moon back.

   Entranced by the pull of gravity, the Earth became her world. Filled with eagerness and willingness to please her love, she dedicated her life to centrifugal force. Meticulously, she stayed on her path of revolution, making the Earth the center of her universe. The Earth smiled at her from every angle of her orbit, exhilarated to be cared for so deeply. Organic life on Earth thrived. Biomes blossomed. Habitats teamed with activity. Oceans remained balanced, temperatures were regulated, and the rotation of Earth itself remained stabilized due to Luna's presence.

   However, as millennia upon millennia passed by, the smile upon the Earth began to fade. The planet's attention was inverted, it's eyes piercing through each layer of its own atmosphere. A new problem had arisen, the evolution of humans had slowly begun to smother the Earth. Agricultural revolutions soon spiraled into industrialization. Plagues, wars, and famine sprawled across the Earth's flesh, lacerating it. Fossil fuels choked the planet's respiration, as carbon emissions spiraled out of control. Hurricanes and wildfires become more and more frequent with each small degree of warming the planet faced. Sea levels risen from liquified icecaps engulfed countries, drowning them.

   The Earth could no longer find the energy or time to smile at the moon. But Luna understood. Knowing it was all she could do, she continued to bring rest over Earth in the ways that she could. For sometimes, the greatest act of love is to simply understand. The love the moon had for Earth was not frail, and even endures to this very day. Although it is a different iteration of the love that once existed between these two celestial beings, it exists nonetheless.

   Love is flexible.

   Love is always changing.

   And that is ok.

  Even if it changes completely.

   Love isn't  meant to be rigid.

   But instead it grows.

   It develops.

   Love isn't fragile.

   And if you find an example of love that is,

   Then it should be allowed to break.