Popcorn

I decided to eat popcorn. Not because of it's high sodium content, or delectable cholesterol levels. Because I needed inspiration. The flavor of it, the smell of it, the sound of it scuffing against the bag as you dip your hand into it. Because every time you eat it, you are surly about to witness something amazing. As your face is lit up with dancing colors and figures projecting onto a ginormous screen draped with cloth. How it's vibrancy gleams even brighter, as the lights are dimmed to an inky blackness.
All is hushed, as if even the slightest noise will disrupt the magic that is about to commence. The darkness settles around you, keeping the excitement that is held within you contently concealed, secret, and special. It is in this moment where everything else dissolves, and nothing else exists besides you and the characters you are about to meet. The worlds you are about to live in, and the places you will travel to, and the precarious dangers you will face.
The raw emotions that with channel through your body, as you are moved to tears, laughter, or even feel a spark of hope. And you hold that within you, far after the movie is over. It is retained inside of you, like a jar of fireflies fluttering and twinkling with pure joy and wonder. Excitement is what glows the brightest. And the best part is, it can always be revisited. It is kept stashed away, for when you need that small tidbit of encouragement, to renew that childish excitement, that small spark of hope to rekindle your motivation. A reminder of your childhood, of a time when you truly had no cares in the world. A time where you were made purely out of joy, your layers folded neatly like the petals of a fresh budding flower. Filled with ambitious aspirations, and dreams. Eyes wide with enticement and awe. Eyes that still saw hope in the world. Eyes that held no discrimination or judgement. Truly fresh eyes.
My hope for you is that you can unfold the many layers you have fitted around yourself, and find that beautiful bud. It is easy to forget, as it is likely to be submerged under all the stress and heart aches of the present day. Just look. It is there, I promise.
That's why I'm eating popcorn.