Chapter 53

Hi everyone,
We hope that you're all staying safe!
Living in the UK things are starting to get a little scary again, so just remember to follow guidelines, wear a mask and wash your hands!
We absolutely love to read your comments so please continue sharing your thoughts on the story with us!
Ash
Xxxx

"The 99 line du-du-du, The 99 line du-du-du" Izzy and Mark chanted the song they'd come up with while walking from the metro station they'd met at to the little restaurant they'd decided to eat at after a recommendation from Maddie. Maddie was out with her school friends that evening, so the three of them had to meet up together for a good old catch up, just like how it used to be the summer before. However Mark and Izzy were already tipsy after picking up some drinks at a convenience store and had already created a pact against Johnny, claiming '99 line supremacy'.

"Can you two give it a rest?" Johnny sighed, they were both adults but he still felt like he was babysitting the two of them. At this point, Johnny was regretting introducing them last summer - they were obviously too close, just two evils to haunt him now.

"You're just jealous" Izzy muttered as Mark continued to sing their song. "Tall man born in the wrong year."

"I'm not jealous I just don't want a headache" he complained.

"Don't be such a stick in the mud" Mark teased, with an eye roll as he giggled with Izzy.

"'STICK IN THE MUD'?" Johnny scoffed "I am NOT a stick in the mud"

"You are the biggest stick in the muddiest mud" Izzy laughed, her alcohol infused mind finding this absolutely hilarious, Mark was at a similar downfall.

"Please at least try to act sensible when we're eating" Johnny sighed.

"Yes dad" Izzy teased as she laughed with Mark, his arm looped around her shoulders.

They entered the little pop-up style restaurant, it was the kind of place that only really severed one dish, but it was to die for. The three of them entered and sat in one of the corners, Mark and Izzy laughing among themselves.

***

"Oh my god" Maddie groaned "please hide me" she muttered holding up some noddles on her chopsticks to act as a curtain.

"What's the matter?" Minho immediately asked with a teasing sort of smile.

"What's happened?" Hyunjin added.

"My sister, my cousin and my roommate have all just appeared" she complained.

"No way!" Minho laughed "Hyunjin you should go and introduce yourself" he teased.

"Shut up" Hyunjin snapped with a scowl, as he too sunk further down into his chair.

"I don't get why this is a bad thing?" Jeongin commented.

"Are you embarrassed by us?" Jisung added teasing her further.

"No" Maddie quickly corrected "but they may or may not be under the impression that you're all girls" she added sheepishly.

"G-girls" Seungmin stuttered "why would you tell them we were girls?"

"My cousin, he's very protective and I thought that it woul-" she began to explain before realising she wasn't really sure why she'd let them assume she'd made friends with girls.