Chapter 3: Whole Again

I entered the restaurant with a questioning look as I still don't really understand what Bright said earlier. I saw the guy sitting beside the glass wall and is now looking over the menu.

When I reached the table, he ushered me to seat in front of him.

The restaurant has this intrinsic wood carving imbued with minimalist colors that makes the view even more unique and scream elegance. Besides its classy interiors, the restaurant is often raved about its array of international and local cuisines, and homemade sweet treats like cakes, flower flavoured ice cream, teas, and many more which will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.

Bright and I always go here every time we have free or vacant time just to chill or eat meals when we have time. During weekends, we also stop here to freshen up and order cold beverages before going through shops and temples we wanted to explore. Well, both of us really like taking pictures.

Ever since my dad bought me a camera when I was in high school, I was fascinated on how sceneries and buildings and other structures look magnificent in just a single picture. And for me, when you actually look at a photograph you took before, it will fill you up with memories when that photo was taken. It will make you feel nostalgic, especially for polaroids.

It became a habit and when Bright knew about my hobby, he was so happy because he also likes taking pictures too including portraits and candids. But he is more of a film camera guy, than a digital camera person like me. He said he is fascinated about how the grains of the film can make every photo look vintage and mysterious.

"What do you want to eat?" he said interrupting me from my sudden nostalgia. How can I order if I don't have my wallet with me?!

"I'm not hungry," I pouted but to be honest I just ate my meal before going out earlier so I am still full.

"Win I'll pay don't worry," he chuckled as he flipped the page of the menu. He then looked at me as if he's waiting for my response.

"Just the strawberry mango bingsu. I ate before going out," I shyly said and he immediately called the waiter to tell our orders . Their bingsu here is really worth it! Actually they offer a lot of variety of topping you can choose from and it will be served with big-sized bowl. The balance of the fruity taste and the sweetness will surely make you want to come back for more.

Bright on the other hand ordered his favorite meal here which is the khao pad sapparod or pineapple fried rice. This meal consists of thai jasmine rice, fresh shrimps and pineapple having it seasoned with curry powder, shrimp sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce to create a delicately balanced taste.

We talked about random stuff and when we were finished, I told him that I need to go to Iconsiam now since I'm thinking Adrian will kill me if I'll be later than what I actually said I would be. And I don't really want them to be suspicious as to why I'm coming around late!

Bright insisted that he will just take me there with his car but I am really shy because he has saved my ass many times today and I just told him that I'll ride a boat going to Iconsiam since riding a boat is much easier and practical, compared to when you drive from Asiatique to Iconsiam by car. He was hesitant before but agreed and I'm thankful because I don't want to bother him much further today.

I thanked him and he reminded me of the payment of all the things he paid for me this day. Well as if I'm not going pay him! That asshole!

"You are very late, Win!" Adrian shouted as soon as he saw me walking towards them. I smiled at them and we hugged each other like weirdos. I really missed them even if it was just a month that we didn't see each other.