Chapter 30: Memory Lane

Few weeks have passed and some of the projects I'm now handling are near to its final phase. Good thing is, I'm already done with all the paperworks needed and all I am required to do is for site visits and inspections for some of the finishing jobs and stuff.

"Hey, Win?" A voice coming from the door enveloped the silence inside the room as I lifted my head and see Joss leaning towards the door frame. Adrian is actually out for a site surveying for his new project, and now I'm currently alone in this office. Pie and Pluem on the other hand are busy on their studies as of the moment since they are now preparing for their dissertation papers.

"Yes?" I quickly beamed a smile at him as I diverted my attention from my laptop and focused on him, hovering himself towards the couch. It's 2 in the afternoon and I'm glad I already ate my lunch when I went to one of my sites earlier so I'm not really feeling hungry or what.

"Can I take you somewhere?" Joss uttered softly as he looked at me with worried eyes. "I noticed that you've been stressed out lately for the past few days now."

I heaved a sigh as I stretched out my arm to the air and leaned my back to my chair with which the sudden comfort immediately rushed through my body. I guess I really need to loosen up for a while, and I've been also feeling tensed lately.

"Where?" I breathily said and I saw his eyes lit up. "You mean right now?"

"Yes, and it's some place that I know will really ease up your mind." He chuckles as he stood up in front of me as if waiting for my response. I immediately threw him a suspicious glance and he laughed.

"Alright, Joss." I giggled as I heaved a sigh and smiled at him wearily. "Where is it exactly?"

"The sea."

~

The 4-hour drive from the city to the nearest beach never bothered me as I just took the time to relax and sleep during our travel by his car. As soon as we arrived to Pattaya. the salty breeze of the wind immediately filled my lungs and quickly lifted the tension that has built up inside of my chest for so long. The crashing of the waves sounded like soft melodies that are music to my ears. The sun is now almost setting and all I could do was to stare at its wrinkling edges that's set on the far stretched horizon. It's been months since I've been to the ocean, and it's been a while since I had someone to accompany me. I've been alone, ever since.

"I love this." I whispered under my breath while looking at the vastness of the ocean and Joss quickly beams a smile towards me as we are now walking along the shore with our bare feet. A pang of sadness slowly creeps into my core but I only just shrugged it and felt the warm water that touches my skin.

"How are you Win? I'm sorry, it's been a while since I asked you that question." He chuckled as he beamed me an apologetic look with which I just pouted and pinched his chiseled arms.

"I'm fine Joss. My mind is just all over the place since I'm handling too many projects." I hissed but it was actually a lie. My projects are all running smoothly, but there's this one person who keeps on bothering me every single day and I hate how it really affects me this much. I hate him and his fucking audacity.

"Win, you know I'm always here. I can fight your battles and I'll do everything just so you'll feel at ease and see you truly happy." His voice was pleading, as his eyes gleams with frustration and streaks of sadness with which I let out a weak smile and looked at the crashing waves that soothes my being.