Chapter 26: Engineer Metawin

"Good day, Engineer!" A staff immediately greeted me as soon as I entered the premises of the firm with which I smiled back.

"Just on time!" Pie exclaimed as I see her walking towards me with some papers clasped on her hands. "I'm going to our firm at Thonburi now. See you later, engineer." She breathily said which made me cock my head into a questioning look.

"There's a new project?" I shortly said and she nodded in response. "Alright good luck Pie!" I exclaimed as she now strides away from the firm.

"Metawin I'll go to the site now." Pluem winked at me as he now carries his tube case along with the blueprints of some of the projects he's now handling.

"Busy day, huh?" I jokingly said with which he frowned.

"Will you take over some, engineer?" He sarcastically replied and we both laughed.

"I'm good. See you later engineer!" I shookef my head and remarked as I now bring myself upstairs where our office is located.

After 5 years of successfully running the firm and with immense pursuit of knowledge in the field engineering, my friends and I decided to become partners in this industry. It was really tough since the firm now accepts a lot of projects from different parts of Bangkok, and so we have planned to create another engineering firm located at Thonburi in order to handle projects coming from the northwestern portion of the capital.

"Hey." A sudden knock coming from the door pulled my attention from the blueprints I was checking as I looked at the person on the door frame. "You already checked the ones that architect sent last night?"

"I'm on it, Joss." I chuckled as he pouted. I should've checked it last night after it was sent but I fell asleep because I was too tired.

"Alright. I'll go to the lab now." He beamed a smile to me and then left.

Joss is now a soil engineer, and he is currently a specialist and a consultant at the soil laboratory of the firm. Running this firm alone can really be tedious, and so I'm grateful because I have partners to manage it.

"Engineer? Can I have a word with you?" A voice quickly broke the silence in the room with which I hissed in response.

"Adrian please stop being too serious for goodness sake." I scoffed and he laughed.

"Just goofing around sorry." He chuckled and walked towards my table that is just beside his office table. "A new client wants to have a meeting with you. He says he wanted you to be the engineer for his house." He nonchalantly said as he sat on the chair in front of me.

"What? Why? Who is the architect of the project?" I beamed with my brows furrowed. Usually, architects relay projects to the firm for engineers to review its structural capacity and since it is a new client,  I supposedly have to meet the architect first before the client.

"It came from our architectural firm partner. They told that to me so I could relay it to you. The client said that he personally wants to see the engineer of his future home." He breathily said and he looked tired. I guess he just went there earlier. "The architect who will take the project will contact you soon."

"Alright. Is the client here now?" I sighed as my eyes still squint from drowsing.

"Yes he's downstairs. I'll just call him to come here." He said and immediately went down. I quickly rolled the plans I was checking earlier and stood up when a man in his mid 50's entered our office.