Chapter 17: The Tides

"This is the place where I always go every time I feel sad." Bright smiled as I look at him stare on the horizon. We are now busy walking beside the shore as we feel the warmth of the sun touching our skin. "It is a place where my secrets of longing for my mom lie. It is my solitude."

I saw Bright slowly pulling a small stem of rose from his shoulder bag and as if on cue, gently threw it to the ocean.

"Maybe it's the serene brutality of the sea." I replied as he looked at me with confusion.

"That's why people often feel at peace when they go to the ocean."

"The tides are never the same— it represents us. There are times the sea is in mere chaos— full of tempests. There are times we find it calm and tranquil, while the sun gently shines over its silver and gold reflections." I smiled at him and I can find his eyes struck by rays of sun that reflects his deep brown orbs.

"The sea has depths people never bothered to explore." I paused and he lets out a crooked smile. "But there will be someone who will be brave enough to face your storms, be there in your ordinary days, and will be curious enough to dive your depths."

"The waters of the sea are never the same— it is ever changing. The salt water that touched your feet yesterday may not be the same as today. Everything is fleeting. Everything has the capability of change and of moving forward." I continued and it made me chuckle.

"Sorry I sounded like a poet right now." I hissed and I hear him broke into laughter.

"I just wanted to say that we all have different yearnings, but there will always be someone who will understand you and I hope you'll always move forward Bright. Your mom is proud of you and will always be beside you." I flashed a smile and held his hand tighter.

"I really love how you can always play with words and metaphors. Baby you're amazing." He gently said with his eyes gleaming towards me as flash a wide smile.

"I miss my mom so much, but I know she led me to meet you." Bright gently pinched my cheeks. "I'm so happy to find you."

"I'm thankful you found me." I raised my eyebrow and he chuckled as he dishevels my hair.

We spent our time together on the beach until lunch time. We went to eat our meal in a local restaurant that serves fresh seafood and refreshing beverages.

"Hey, your birthday is next week right?" Bright suddenly blurted out of the blue. Yeah, I nearly even forgot it. My mind was really preoccupied lately so I really tend to be out of focus sometimes.

"Yeah. But it actually falls on a weekday, so I guess I'll just celebrate during the weekends." I replied and he nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing."

We are now staying in a cottage where we decided to chill for awhile since the sun is still scorching with its heat and it is just 2 in the afternoon. I'm thankful there are lounge chairs here so we can really relax and enjoy the ambiance of the beach.

Earlier, Bright borrowed a guitar from the staff of where we are actually staying and now he's playing with it with strums that produce a nice melody. It felt nice and so I immediately grabbed my phone and secretly took a snap.

Well, it wasn't actually a secret now since he saw what I'm doing which made me act awkward. What a jerk!

"Taking photos of me now, huh? You're into portraits now? I can be your model if you want." A smirk creeps into his lips and he now faces me with his taunting eyes.