Chapter 4: Dream of Me

It's almost 2 in the morning now, and the person on the other phone is still talking nonstop. It's been so long ever since I talked to him about everything random. And now, to sum it up, we're basically catching up with our lives for 6 hours straight! I feel so sleepy but damn, I really don't bother because I have to admit, I badly want to talk to him more.

Bright transferred to Marketing after our first year. Since he already took up some of the minor subjects when we were in first year, the units are already credited when he transferred. And he will now be graduating after this coming semester. I felt sad as he will probably leave for States after that but, I just want to focus on the present and not stress myself of the unknown that the future will bring.

[Win are you sleepy? Take a rest now.] he told me as I hugged my pillow beside me while adjusting the phone on my left ear. His husky voice left a chill under my spine but it feels warm and comforting.

Hmm yes Bright. See you tomorrow? I said with an obvious sleepy voice and he chuckled as he heard it on the other line.

[You really miss me that much? And you want to see me again tomorrow?] he blurted out and it took me seconds to get dumbfounded about what he had said. He's such an idiot!

Stupid, I'll pay you my debt earlier Bright stop being cheesy it's annoying. I said irritatingly as he laughed with my sudden reaction.

[No need for that. You just need to do something for me so I can call it quits.] he said tauntingly with a hint of sarcasm. What the hell is he planning this time huh. And why does it feel hot now but not earlier? What am I even thinking???? Win you stupid asshole!

W-what Bright? I said as I try to hide the shaking of my voice. I definitely heard him laugh on the other line. He's teasing me again ughhh

[Let's have dinner later. G?] he said as he chuckled. Gosh I thought... JUST KIDDING. What? I wasn't thinking about something bitch you thought! Huh

Alright, my class will end by 5PM tomorrow. I sighed as I rolled my eyes. Why the hell are you reacting this way Win?! Gosh this really makes me frustrated.

[Why do you sound disappointed huh? You want to do something more?] he sarcastically said while emphasizing the word more. What more? What?????

Why Bright, what do you want me to do? I exclaimed as I try to sound innocent. He really is a tease and if that's what he wants, I could tease him back even more. I laugh at the thought as I smiled devilishly.

I heard him clear his throat on the other line and I laughed. That's the least he could do? Gosh he's such a loser.

Good night Bright. I'm sleepyyyy. I told him as I try to get myself ready to sleep now.

[See you later, Win. Sweet dreams.] He said as I hear him groan. Why does it sounded so hot.

I lazily hummed to agree as I now try to end the call. But by the second I'm about to press the end call button, I heard him say something but it was too soft and his low husky voice made it more like a whisper and I almost couldn't hear it.

[Dream of me.]

~

It's the first day of the semester and I feel very sleepy. My first class earlier was 10AM and usually, first days or first meetings are just all about giving syllabi from the subjects and then free time already. And I'm now with the three idiots and we're currently eating our lunch inside our faculty canteen. We still have 3 classes left in the afternoon and we're good to go.

"Win how are you and Bright?" said Pluem beside me and it made me choke on the food I'm eating. What the hell?!

"What the fuck Pluem there's nothing going on between us idiot!" I cursed him as they three laugh in unison. They are starting to tease me again, in the first day of semester! UGH

"Ohhhh okay, there's nothing going on between you two but you feel very sleepy ever since our first class. Why is it? You two fucked each other until early morning?" said Pluem while looking at me intriguingly.

"As friends!" added Pie and they laughed again. Oh god I think I need to find new friends now. They're really getting on my nerves. They should be thankful because I love them! Ew that statement, cringey.

"Stop it!" I exclaimed as they laugh again in front of my face. How I wish... Just kidding! Win you insolent horny fool!

Our afternoon classes ended too fast and I'm now going to the university bookstore parking area to pickup my car. When I was about to pass by the benches placed alongside the pedestrian trail with trees surrounding it, I saw a familiar person with a girl and it looks like their talking about something too serious, given their facial expressions. It made my heart feel heavy as my stomach churn with pure annoyance.

But I don't really have the right to feel this way though. And so I brushed off my thoughts and quickly went to my car and immediately drove out of the university grounds.

"I thought they broke up already," I whispered to myself as I try to chuckle but I sounded like a quaking goose.

I sighed as I went straight in to my unit, showered, and wore my cotton pajamas that really feels comfy and soft.

"I almost opened up my heart again. I guess I should really guard down my heart huh?" I laughed sarcastically as I try to console myself about this pain I'm experiencing right now inside my chest while staring at my ceiling. I feel like I'm so pathetic.

"You're such an asshole," I whispered to myself as I lied down on my bed and seconds later, I fell asleep.

I guess I'll just try to get over this feeling with, as soon as possible.

________________________________

Author's Note

What are your thoughts? Your comments are deeply appreciated guys! 🙏🏻

Thank you for reading and have a nice day ahead! ❤️
-k