Chapter 33: Shift

"Win, are you alright? You've kept sighing ever since you're here." Adrian scoffed which immediately caught my attention and just gave him a weary smile.

"Yeah, I'm g-good." I hissed as I once again took a deep breath and heaved a sigh. What the hell is wrong with me?

"By the way, how was last night?" He remarked as he beamed a smile towards me with which I just shrugged. Last night was so messed up that I couldn't even sleep afterwards. Damn it!

"It was great." I chuckled but I know it was fake enough for Adrian to notice. "I mean I had a good time catching up with Off. Gun is really fun to be with too! But Mew and Gulf said they couldn't come because of some matters. And..." I exclaimed softly as I try to lift up the lingering heaviness inside my chest since last night.

"And?" He smirked with which I threw him daggers. Of course, he knows everything!

"A-Adrian... Am I too cruel as a person?" I hissed and it almost came out as a whimper. A sudden churn inside my stomach made me feel so frustrated. I'm too fucked up, am I?

"Why? What happened? Is this about Bright?" He bombarded me with questions and immediately stood up as he hovered himdelf to the seat in front of my office table. "Tell me Metawin."

Guilt quickly seethes on my chest as I bit my lip trying to suppress the discomfort it's currently giving me. "It's just that Gun was really curious about us— on how we were so close before, and apparently Bright kept on spitting everything we did before... it's really making me uncomfortable for some reason."

"What was your reason Win?" Adrian scoffed with which I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I just don't want to bring up our past and it's really unnecessary because what's even the point of lurking into things that's never going to happen... anymore?" A weak smile curves into my lips but I knew it was really that genuine. I hate being like this but I can't help it.

"And actually, I kept on pulling this 'don't talk to me Bright if it's not about work' bullshit to him, and last night, I forced him to talk to me... whether he likes it or not." I pouted in embarrassment as to why it sounds so fucking messed up. Because it is really messed up, what the hell Metawin!

"Yeah you're such a loser, when in fact your name is Win." He giggled which made me pout even more!

"Does that suppose to make things better Adrian!" I scowled at him but he just laughed. "I think... I was too unfair and insensitive to him. Well fuck, it's totally insensitive!"

"You've been inconsiderate about him ever since Win, don't talk like it's all new now." He blurts out which made me caught off guard. This is literally killing me.

"W-what?" I asked in confusion as he just rolled his eyes and shrugged off my question. He's not feeding me things I should know but fuck I believe this isn't the right time for that.

"So what happened next?" He raised an eyebrow at me with which I just heaved a sigh drooped restlessly on my table.

"H-He kinda snapped in front of me and... it felt like he was angry at me. I...I—"

"You what?"

"I felt guilty... but the pain that he's inflicted to me still stays in the corners of my heart and I don't even know what to do anymore because it feels like he hates me..." I once again took a deep breath and stared blankly into nothingness.