Chapter 39: That Day

A week has passed and Win continued to visit his other project sites and to design structural plans for new clients. It may have been a busy and exhausting week but he was always looking forward to when Bright will come back from the States.

"The house is now almost done, I see." Mr. Mike exclaimed as the two of them are now standing in front of the semi-finished house while observing the workers painting its facade and cleaning the glass walls that have built on some of the floors. "Great job engineer, and thank you for working in this project."

"As long as you're happy, sir. The house looks magnificent." Win beams a genuine smile as he looked at the three-storey building he structurally designed and managed to construct for the past months.

He's now happy and relieved that the construction of the whole house turned out smooth— but deep inside, he feels truly at awe of how it was built exquisitely. It was really the design of house he had always loved to see and of course own in the near future. And now he's genuinely happy that he was part in building it.

"I hope you're happy of the outcome sir." He giggled with which the other chuckle in amusement.

"Well I've trusted you guys for the plans. It wouldn't be this beautiful and magnifucent without your help engineer, and of course the architect and the interior designer. I'm more than happy and thankful for all of you who had made this project a reality, engineer." Sir Mike remarked as he pats Win's shoulder and gives him a thumbs up for a job well done.

Win now notices architect Pam coming out from the house while carrying the interior design plan of which Bright entrusted her for a while to keep and manage. Pam quickly smiles at the two as she approached and greeted them.

"Hey architect." Win exclaims as he beamed a smile towards her. He somewhat realized these past few days that she was the first relative of Bright he ever knew and he's glad they are now working harmoniously in a project.

"The sets of furniture shall be delivered and arranged next week after paint works are all done and dry." She breathily said and with which the other two nodded in response. "Congratulations for your new house, sir Mike!" She managed to remark as she winks on the other, making Win smile giddily.

He clearly thinks of Pam as a jolly person and with whom they have similarities with her cousin.

"Is Mr. Chivaaree coming back to Bangkok already?" Sir Mike asked Pam with which she nodded.

"He's probably on a plane now sir. The flight takes almost 18 hours so he may have been too tired right now I believe." She chuckled while Win internally worries with Bright and mentally takes a note of fetching him at the airport tonight. They have been keeping in touch for the past few days when Bright went to the States and with that, Win always feels relieved since they already have settled everything from the past and truly looking forwards on their future ahead—together.

"Alright, I hope to see him soon so I can extend my gratitude to him." Sir Mike gently exclaimed while the other beamed a smilr and nodded in response. "I'll go now engineer, architect. I have some meetings to attend to."

"Yes sir, thank you for checking on the house today. See you in the following days!" Win remarked and with which sir Mike gladly agrees before finally approaching his car parked and left the premises.

"Are you picking him up tonight?" Pam heaves a sigh in exhaustion as they now stride their way towards their temporary office in front of the house.