Chapter 36: Let Go

[A/N: Trigger warning: heavy angst ahead 🖤]

The night of Adrian's celebration party came by really fast and now, Pie, Pluem, and Win are now on their way to the Sky Lounge where it will be held. The three of them are wearing their smart casual outfits since many people from the industry, the engineering, and architecture field is invited to the party.

"Don't drink too much, please. I don't want to carry your drunken asses in my car." Pie hissed jokingly while she's busy on the steering wheel and the two chuckled instantly.

"We can hold our liquor Pie, don't worry." Win confidently remarked which made the other laugh mockingly.

"You barely hold one when we were in college Metawin. That's really a character development, you think?" Pie giggled which the other laughingly nodded in response.

The drive to the hotel was smooth and since there were no traffic congestion on their way, they immediately arrived at the venue on time. Sky Lounge is actually a rooftop bar and restaurant located in the middle of the city which overlooks the panorama of skies and skyscrapers.

"Hey, you guys came!" Adrian immediately exclaims as soon as he saw the three of them approaching the restaurant. Win hovers his eyes into his surroundings and notices that there are already a lot of people swarming the area.

"Of course we did." Pluem retorted which the other chuckle. "The party started already?"

"Yes! Go grab some drinks over the bar guys. I'll just talk with the head architects over there." Adrian remarked while pointing into a group of people chatting in the corner of the lounge.

Win's eyes immediately catches the sight of Bright and Pam talking on one of the tables of the restaurant with which making him roll his eyes in disbelief and quickly excused himself from the two.

"Hey I'll just find my way to get some alcohol." Win shrugs and the others nodded in response.

"Alright we'll go there and talk with the engineers of our firm." Pie giggled as she now pulls Pluem and strides their way to our employees.

Win's eyes observe Bright that is not far from the bar counter he is in and immediately huffs in annoyance. What are they laughing about? He thought and quickly ordered shots of vodka and tequila. He might've seen this event to fill his stomach with alcohol, which made him chuckle at his sudden thoughts. He then downs a shot of tequila which quickly lined his throat, making him wince in its bitterness.

Why is Pam so clingy? What the hell. His brows immediately furrowed at the sight of the two goofing around and all he could do was to stare at them blankly while drowning himself shots of alcohol placed in front of him. Damn, I thought I'm over this. Why am I concerning myself once again. He scoffed in gritted teeth as he tore his gaze upon them and just focused on the busy crowd.

People have now flocked the Sky Lounge. He finds his friends over the crowd and quickly notices that Pie and Pluem are having fun on the corner with their employees while glasses of cocktails are served on their table. Adrian, on the other hand, is busy conversing with his guests. Win might have not noticed it, but Bright has been keeping his eye towards him ever since they arrived at the lounge earlier.

The night got deeper and Win never bothered to get up from where he is. Bright immediately notices Win continuously downing shots of alcohol into his system as he immediately felt worried with the other and quickly strides his way towards Win, with which his vision is now slightly spinning. "Win, that's enough." Bright whispers gently which made the other get startled by his sudden appearance beside him.