Chapter 8: Too Dense

"Bright why did you post that picture with me in it!"  I shouted at the person beside me but he's busy driving with his deadpan face as usual. He then looked at me for a second then focused again in front of the steering wheel. Wow he's annoying!

"What about it?" He just plainly said and I give up.

It's not that it is a big deal, but I don't understand why he has to include me in the photo. He could've just captured the view and then posted it. Now, it looks as if I'm his boyfriend. But it's not!!!

I rolled my eyes with the idea and got interrupted when I hear him chuckle. And now he's teasing me. "What?" I taunted and he pouted.

"You look cute when you're mad." He chuckled and I was really stunned. I feel my ears burning but I tried to suppress it and just looked away. He should stop making me blush like this when in fact we're just friends. Gosh, I'd be crazy right now.

"Shut up." I just said and stared at the buildings as the surroundings now turn dark. It's almost 7:30PM now and the streets by then are illuminated by orange lights coming from post lamps and vehicles passing by.

The city looked busier as usual as the night embarks, even if it's a weekend.

"Are you hungry already?" the silence broke as the person beside me spoke while he's glancing at me. His lips curved into a smile when I nodded and I can't even speak because of the lump inside my throat. I feel shy being around him, and I don't even know why. Maybe because he has become someone I'm not familiar with? The way he talks to me, the way he acts around me—it's all new, it's different, and it's weird.

As much as I want to ask what's up with him, it might offend him or it's not even worth asking. And I'm just letting him do whatever he wants. I'll just go with the flow, like always.

When I saw Sofitel as we approach Sukhumvit, I immediately knew where we're going. "Hey Bright I—"

"Yes Win." He genuinely smiled at me as I try to process what's going on. He then went straight to the parking area of the huge building and opened the door for me. I grabbed my bag from the seat behind and Bright looked at me with a questioning look. "I really need to finish this." I exhaled and he immediately took it from my hands and carried it on his shoulder.

This is where I really wanted to go ever since I knew about this place! Sofitel has this restaurant that is located in their rooftop lounge, and what's making it more special is that you can clearly see the magnificent view of Bangkok from its deck while enjoying their French cuisines. I always wanted to try their food here but I just couldn't find free time to drive here since it's far and traffic might get really rough since it's in the center of Bangkok.

"You look dumb," Bright exclaimed but I ignored him as I can't really stop myself from smiling while we now enter the building. This place is really cool!

In the lobby, the Sofitel brand's French roots are apparent in the form of elegant velvet furnishings and avant-garde light fittings, while elaborate displays of orchids and a smoldering copper color scheme feel distinctly Thai. This place screams with sophistication!

I can't really conceal the excitement as we are now heading towards their rooftop lounge. Bright kept on looking me like I'm a child but I don't care! "Bright I'm so happy!" I exclaimed as he chuckled and the elevator door opens and welcomes us with an elegant interior that screams wood and glass compliments.

The place is illuminated with faint warm lights and the mahogany tables are designed with a cute elliptical lamp that adds an edgy feels to the whole lounge. This place is really cool! Did I say that already?